Premiere = seek bar doesn't work anymore

SirJMD

I decided to buy the premium membership, since everything so far seems to work great. But now I can't use the seek bar in MPC anymore.

I'm using MPC as external player, with no additional launch options.

How can this be?

hi @@SirJMD, most likely the Emby Theater app does not have direct access to your media folders, therefore is streaming the content through Emby Server. When you setup your library paths in Emby Server if you didn't fill in the optional network paths then you should probably go back and do that. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi Luke. Thanks for the reply. I don't think I made myself clear though. It was working perfectly till the very moment I added the premiere key. After that, the seek bar is no longer working.

Hi, I understand you see it that way, but that is a coincidence. Is this on the same machine as the server app?

The external player is direct streaming. I've tested with the same videos that I know worked before. I will post log when I'm outside again tomorrow.

Now that you've established this is out of network, anytime transcoding is needed you're going to see this happen with the external player. Transcoding could happen for any of these reasons:

• Content bitrate being higher than in-app quality setting
  • External subtitles selected - there is no way to pass an external subtitle url to mpc, therefore this will require burn in via transcoding

Truthfully I would strongly suggest just using the internal player.

Hi Luke. Even though I trust that you know your own software, I gotta say.. that is not the case here. I can with no issues use external player and have subtitles shown, without transcoding. No transcoding whether the source is x264, x265 and no matter if the subs are .srt or .vob or other, contained in a MKV-container.

I've disabled all transcoding, since it is way to hard for the Synology NAS.

589ccd73a5810_transcode.png

@@SirJMD, I did not say all subtitles, I only said in certain conditions. Anyway the best thing to do if you see it again is provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Then we can explain why it is transcoding.

Those settings above only prevent video encoding. They do not prevent other kinds of conversions. Once any conversion is necessary, MPC has a limited feature set in regards to streaming media and will not be able to seek it. Thanks.