Emby Remote Access Help

Lighthammer

Lighthammer

Hey All,

I've been having some really weird problems I can't seem to track down. 

Some time ago, Emby remote stopped working using the physical IP Address, but continues to work using app.emby.com; but only for users who already had access. New persons can't register my server.

This problem seemed to have started around the November Emby Update.

As of right now my Network Configuration is as follows:

Cable Modem -> Asus RT-N66U Router in Router Mode via LAN (Firmware: Merlin 380.62_1) -> Linksys WRT54G in Switch Mode via LAN (Firmware: 4.21.1) -> Emby Server Connected via LAN

• The server was working for nearly 2 years with IP addresses across 2 different networks.
  • I have ran port tests to ensure my ports are open and viewable from the internet.
  • Windows Firewall is running on the computer currently with the ports opened and Emby granted access. 
  • Avast Free is the only other software running on Startup on the computer.
  • My ISP is Comcast (on both networks). I've research to see if they've tried filtering or shaping my traffic. All tests suggest they haven't.
  • It's important to note that via the ASUS RT-N66U, some of my computers are behind TOR, but not my Emby Server.
  • About the same time, I lost IP Access to the server I installed the Linksys, but as far as I know, I had access *BEFORE* an Emby update; though adding the Linksys in to the network could be root, I'm just not convinced of this.
  • I also unsuccessfully tried to setup NOIP on Emby and it worked for a short time, but doesn't anymore. I've since turned off all configuration related to this save the NOIP app running in the background (I've tried disabling this with no affect)
  • On both the ASUS RT-N66U and the Linksys WRT54G, I have ports open for Emby and specifically target the Emby Server.
  • The Emby Server, ASUS Router and Linksys Router all have static IPs (as well as every other regular device on my network).
  • I've recently (in the last 48 hours) reinstalled Emby because it was failing to start with v3.5.0.0. The current reported version is v3.2.0.0. This was the one the automatic updater downloaded.

I tried to be as thorough on prorating questions that might be asked as possible. 

I'm kind finally stumped what the problem is. I've been tinkering with this since December.

My log file for a fresh restart of Emby is included.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Log.txt

Lighthammer

Everyone can access the network on the local network.

People can only access the network remotely through app.emby.media and only if they had the account established before this issue. New accounts can't access it.

Also, another interesting thing I just figured out: people who can access app.emby.media can only access if they are logged out of the local network. I can be logged in the local network and access the server remotely on the same user from any other means.

Is this with the Emby Connect feature or are they directly entering the server ip address into the app?

Lighthammer

Two different use cases.

I added the IP after moving into this location around July; so 7 months ago. The other person who routinely uses my server remotely has never logged on local and was invited. Another friend was able to log in via inviting through Emby connect as a troubleshooting step, but couldn't access the server via IP. He last logged on in November.

Lighthammer

Absolutely, beyond any reasonable doubt. To be clear, I use the IP that's shown in the Emby Control Panel and yes, I've also tracererted and ipconfiged to ensure its absolutely the right address of that server.

That being said, I've been wondering if Tor is messing with things. The server is NOT behind Tor, but Tor is running on the network.

I can't imagine that this is a problem, but I'm in theorycrafting mode here at this point.

Edited by Lighthammer