Path Substitution

Gooner_X1
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Gooner_X1

I upgraded to the latest release, 3.2.0.0, today and after that path substitutions where removed from all libraries.

I added again as they were before, i.e. nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Movies, but Kodi is unable to open the path. I also tried as an smb share with credentials specified. It Does work fine from Ember on Windows.

I switched Kodi to use http instead of smb, and that worked. However, I would prefer to run as nfs.

Log.txt

mastrmind11

I upgraded to the latest release, 3.2.0.0, today and after that path substitutions where removed from all libraries.

I added again as they were before, i.e. nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Movies, but Kodi is unable to open the path. I also tried as an smb share with credentials specified. It Does work fine from Ember on Windows.

I switched Kodi to use http instead of smb, and that worked. However, I would prefer to run as nfs.

If that's really how you're entering the nfs path, you're missing a colon in front of the folder, ie, nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/Movies

Gooner_X1

thanks for the reply. Don't remember having it set like that before, but just tried it anyway and still get the same failure response.

"Unable to direct play file

nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/Movies/<folder>/<file>

If I mount the nfs share from the LibreElec box I'm getting the above error on, it mounts and I can list the folder contents. No auth needed.

mount -t nfs xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/Movies /<mountpoint>

Edited by Gooner_X1

If you're testing in the emby for kodi app, you will probably need to let it resync after making the change. I'm guessing mastermind11's suggestion is correct so you probably want to try putting it back and then letting the add-on resync.

Gooner_X1

​When I do make the change, I can see it reflected in the message on screen immediately.

post-2061-0-40135100-1486588563_thumb.pngpost-2061-0-75304000-1486588567_thumb.png

Edited by Gooner_X1

Gooner_X1

yes I can access it from libreelec when I mount the nfs share

thanks for the reply. Don't remember having it set like that before, but just tried it anyway and still get the same failure response.

"Unable to direct play file

nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/Movies/<folder>/<file>

If I mount the nfs share from the LibreElec box I'm getting the above error on, it mounts and I can list the folder contents. No auth needed.

mount -t nfs xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/Movies /<mountpoint>

Edited by Gooner_X1

So it may still need to be mounted in order for kodi to see it, correct? Because the path coming out of the server looks fine (based on screenshot). It's just that Kodi can't reach it and we need to find out why.

Gooner_X1

I've changed the path substitution to /storage/movies and mount the nfs share to that location. The files then play as they should.

cfilkins

I ran into a similar issue, after an upgrade earlier this week, all of my path substitution definitions for my video libraries were gone.  Kodi would fail to play back any videos as it was trying to load from a local path, instead of the network path.  So an upgrade managed to wipe out some settings there somewhere.

I've changed the path substitution to /storage/movies and mount the nfs share to that location. The files then play as they should.

Well done.

• Solution

I ran into a similar issue, after an upgrade earlier this week, all of my path substitution definitions for my video libraries were gone.  Kodi would fail to play back any videos as it was trying to load from a local path, instead of the network path.  So an upgrade managed to wipe out some settings there somewhere.

@@cfilkins, yes we were a little too hasty in deprecating the older method of path substitution. we are going to restore it so that other users who haven't yet updated to 3.2 will not be affected. What you will need to do is go into Emby library setup, then click on a library, then click on a folder. From there you can edit the corresponding network path for that particular folder. Apologies for the disruption.

• Like 1

Gooner_X1

Well done.

So the new solution is to edit an autostart.sh on an libreelec/openelec etc setups so that network locations can be reached? Not sure that's a solution for a network based media server.

So the new solution is to edit an autostart.sh on an libreelec/openelec etc setups so that network locations can be reached? Not sure that's a solution for a network based media server.

No, did you read my post above? (Post #16).

Well, a little before this new patch I had path substitution but a while ago when you moved its placement to the library section (and individual for each folder add) from within the server all of the path substitutions i had set up were gone BUT not a problem on EMBY for KODI side. Its still direct playing altough i now have 0 path substitution setted up.

"wtf" ? :D is this an expected behaviour?

Edited by djhifi

Well, a little before this new patch I had path substitution but a while ago when you moved its placement to the library section (and individual for each folder add) from within the server all of the path substitutions i had set up were gone BUT not a problem on EMBY for KODI side. Its still direct playing altough i now have 0 path substitution setted up.

"wtf" ? :D is this an expected behaviour?

Not everyone needs to use path substitution in order to get direct play. If you're happy as-is, then you might not need it.

@@Luke

Well, i have to take it back. 2 of my volumes on synology, altough correctly scrapped and inserted onto the EMBY server are now unreachable via emby for kodi addon. I have setted up manual path substitution for those 2., Do i Need to make a repair or manual sync in the addon in order for the paths to be updated and see if it works?

Im on 3.2.0 server and noticed a 3.2.1 upgrade (not yet available on synology clients), Should i wait for it before tinkering with this? (i mean, does that minor update adress this issue?)

@@djhifi, there is no issue to address related to this, you just need to setup your optional network paths in Emby Sever library setup. After doing this, you may need to resync the Emby for Kodi add-on. 

Does this help?

@@djhifi, there is no issue to address related to this, you just need to setup your optional network paths in Emby Sever library setup. After doing this, you may need to resync the Emby for Kodi add-on. 

Does this help?

@ Luke

It does help. But resync = manual sync or repair sync?

I have a huge library thats why i post the question.

I thought once i've altered the path sub on server side, all movies addon side would acccess but it seems i need to resync addon side. Question is, which method? manual sync or repair? (i also have series pooling).

And also, do you advise a final slash (/) on the path or nope?

For instance:

source:

/Volume1/Array-1/Filmes (HD8)/Movies   -------> emby server does not list a final slash in here

path substitution:

\\SYNOLOGY\Array-1\Filmes (HD8)\Movies or Movies\  ?

Edited by djhifi