Disable MadVR Smooth Motion

Jdiesel

Jdiesel

I was having issues disabling MadVR smooth motion and I found a fix for those having the same issue as me. The problem was the the settings in MadVR weren't sticking after a new video was starting. I could start a video then go to the settings and disable smooth motion but when I started my next video it would be enabled again. In my case, when using reclock, it was enabling smooth motion for 25fps to 24fps videos which is not required.

The solution for now, until the option is added to the GUI, is to edit the system.xml in the "...\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Theater\config\" folder.

Change to "<UseMadVrSmoothMotion>false</UseMadVrSmoothMotion>"

I'm sure many of you know about this already but I figured I'd post it is cause others were stuck like me.

Edited by Jdiesel
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Ghostm

I was having issues disabling MadVR smooth motion and I found a fix for those having the same issue as me. The problem was the the settings in MadVR weren't sticking after a new video was starting. I could start a video then go to the settings and disable smooth motion but when I started my next video it would be enabled again. In my case, when using reclock, it was enabling smooth motion for 25fps to 24fps videos which is not required.

The solution for now, until the option is added to the GUI, is to edit the system.xml in the "...\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Theater\config\" folder.

Change to "<UseMadVrSmoothMotion>false</UseMadVrSmoothMotion>"

I'm sure many of you know about this already but I figured I'd post it is cause others were stuck like me.

Will try this.

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

So it seems madvr is working on my desktop pc (still judder on my htpc even though mpc-hc is working fine with my htpc graphics card).

What i would like to ask, is whoever enabled smooth motion by default, can we have these features turned off by default then if someone wants to turn them on, they can. I could not get madvr working smoothly on my desktop until i realized smooth motion was secretly enabled and seemed to be to much for my card to handle. 

Edited by Ghostm

• 3 weeks later...
madfloyd

So it seems madvr is working on my desktop pc (still judder on my htpc even though mpc-hc is working fine with my htpc graphics card).

What i would like to ask, is whoever enabled smooth motion by default, can we have these features turned off by default then if someone wants to turn them on, they can. I could not get madvr working smoothly on my desktop until i realized smooth motion was secretly enabled and seemed to be to much for my card to handle. 

Does that mean if you go and turn off smooth-motion you don't get judder anymore on your HTPC?

Edited by madfloyd