Unable to Play Certain Media - Fire App Only

ajz1982

I have certain files that will not play on the Fire TV app. When you click play nothing happens. I am able to play the same file on the server browser. I did enable debug and produced a log which I just sent in. Do you need anything else for troubleshooting?

Hi.  Yes, please provide this information:

•  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Thanks.

Exactly what are you clicking on where?

Clicking Play - I here the click and the play button flashes but nothing else happens. I don't get the loading circle and it stays right on that page.

Clicking Play

There are a number of things called "Play" :).  There is the play button on your physical remote and there is a button on the detail screen labeled "Play".  Then there are multiple places where you might hit that play button on your remote (from a list, from a library view, from search results, etc.).  So, when telling us about these issues, it is best to be very specific since we are trying to interpret what you are doing without being able to actually see it.  Thanks.

I think I can infer from the rest of your statement that you are on a detail screen and click on the Play button on that screen.  Interestingly, I cannot see any play request being initiated in your log.  Nor is there an error.

You say this is only on certain files and you enabled the debug options.  If you still have those options enabled, if you scroll down on that detail screen is there a row of media information?  What does it look like?

Also, can you please repeat this test and then post the server log and tell me what time you tried to play?  Thanks.