Certain TV shows not showing up.. Please help!

darengibo

darengibo

Ok, hope I can explain the problem. So with MBC (current using Breeze theme, but this issue appears with all themes)...  I navigate to TV Shows, and while I can click on the Show; for example American Horror Story, once inside nothing shows up, even though there are 3 seasons, and one unwatched episode.  All that shows up is the video theme playing,and a "block" on the bottom and side.  Unable to do anything.

this appears random as some Series have all folders and I am able to search/click like normal, while others are empty even when I know they are not..

I have Plex installed as well, and the shows were showing up normally there.. 

I did a restart of the server and have refreshed many times.

Any advice??
thanks!

darengibo

oh, and should add, via Media Browser Theater, it shows up!

My current set up is MBC accessed via Windows Media Center.

darengibo

yeah, i forgot I had MBT installed, so checked in there..  Maybe my best move is to transition to MBT, but I don't think I can use the same themes, right?
although I would like to figure out the issue with MBC.

the web client shows no problems either...

darengibo

sorry for the small image in middle of my desktop. That is with Chocolate theme entering the above described American Horror Story with 3 full seasons...

Are you sure it is resolving properly as a TV show?  If you go to "Shows" in the web client, does it show up?

Can you show a screen capture of an explorer window showing the file structure?  Alt-Prtscr will capture just the current window...

darengibo

Thanks for the help..  It is showing as TV show.  It is strange as this behavior just started a few days ago.

Edited by darengibo

darengibo

How do i get an MBC log to generate?  (if there is already topic in forum, you can send me there... sorry in advance)

Thanks!

CBers

How do i get an MBC log to generate?  (if there is already topic in forum, you can send me there... sorry in advance)

Thanks!

Logs are located on the MBC PC in C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\logs.

I think I am having a similar issue ever since updating to MBC 3.0.117.0.   I have certain TV Series that show all the seasons but some of the seasons are not showing any episodes in them.  Works in MBT and was working prior to this latest version of MBC.  I thought maybe that MBC wasn't recognizing the naming convention so I changed the names and all of a sudden the episodes were updating and then everything appeared normal again.  However, the very next day I start up WMC and back to MBC and the same seasons that were not showing episodes are doing it again.  This time I just changed a single episode name and changed it right back to the same name and they all updated and appeared.  Every time I exit out of MBC and go back into it, the episodes are lost again.  Make a single change to an episode name and they appear again under the respective season.  Its an endless loop of events...

I'm curious if you do the same and see what happens...  For example, take one of the episode files and remove "American"... save it... then add it back into the filename and see if MBC updates.  When I do this I have MBC and WMC running but minimized...

moviefan

I think I am having a similar issue ever since updating to MBC 3.0.117.0.   I have certain TV Series that show all the seasons but some of the seasons are not showing any episodes in them.  Works in MBT and was working prior to this latest version of MBC.  I thought maybe that MBC wasn't recognizing the naming convention so I changed the names and all of a sudden the episodes were updating and then everything appeared normal again.  However, the very next day I start up WMC and back to MBC and the same seasons that were not showing episodes are doing it again.  This time I just changed a single episode name and changed it right back to the same name and they all updated and appeared.  Every time I exit out of MBC and go back into it, the episodes are lost again.  Make a single change to an episode name and they appear again under the respective season.  Its an endless loop of events...

I'm curious if you do the same and see what happens...  For example, take one of the episode files and remove "American"... save it... then add it back into the filename and see if MBC updates.  When I do this I have MBC and WMC running but minimized...

This issue sounds similar to the one discussed in the other Chocolate thread relating to Custom TV views.  Can you disable and see if the issue persists?

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/4149-will-chocolate-be-fixed-soon/?p=66972

• Like 1

darengibo

Thanks!  Sorry for long delay in checking back in.. my problem was corrected by unchecking the special view under Chocolate View!

THANKS!! back to normal!

That's not a solution, it is a workaround.

Can you please update chocolate to the latest beta version (3.0.3.4) and turn the special view back on and see if it works?

• Like 1

darengibo

Ok, upgraded Chocolate and turned special view back on, and.......................................

IT WORKED!

THANKS!! (again)