Persistent logins?

legallink

legallink

For some reason, the android app is logging in to the server literally every 30 minutes al,isn't to the minute for one user. Any way to turn this off?

DrivenByDemons

Just searched from Google looking for answers on this. Added a user to my server yesterday. His Nexus 5x is spitting out "Successfully Authenticated" messages in the server recent activity window every 30 minutes.

DrivenByDemons

That's not us. We don't have any messages with that exact text.

Not sure what you mean by that. I see those messages all the time in the server when users login. If I log in from my local Roku I see the same message under the server recent activity. It's just the Android app seems to be constantly logging in.

Sorry I thought you meant on the device. To not remember login you can just uncheck the remember me option on the login screen. Does this help?

DrivenByDemons

Sorry I thought you meant on the device. To not remember login you can just uncheck the remember me option on the login screen. Does this help?

I suppose I could do that but it still doesnt explain the constant logins every 1/2 half hour. The emby Android app seems to try and keep a constant login open regardless if you're using it or not. And either way it just sends a login request in the background every 30 minutes. Strange behavior that eats some cellular data if not connected to wifi on a phone.

that is the background sync process but there is a setting (on by default) to only have it run on wifi.

• 1 year later...

Any fix for this? Having this issue with android app and emby Version 3.4.1.0

Hi, what exactly is the issue that you're having? Thanks !

So you're not actually experiencing a problem?

This is coming from the background sync process within the mobile app. We will look at making it less chatty in future updates. Thanks.