"Favourite"/Filtered TV shows setup? (LazyTV-like)

vvuk

Howdy, really liking Emby so far, but trying to figure out how to set up this usage...

I have a lot of TV that I'm acquiring. But I'm only actively watching some of the shows.  I would like to have a way to filter the "Next Up" view to only track certain shows, not whatever happens to have downloaded -- or have a different view with this, doesn't have to be "Next Up".

If I mark a show as a favourite, I also get nothing in the "Favorites" list.  I can kinda-sorta get this view by going to TV -> Shows and then filter by Favorites & Unplayed, but that just shows me the shows -- not the next-up episode.

I've been using the Kodi "LazyTV" addon, which lets me explicitly select which shows to track.. then when I open up LazyTV, I get a list of the next unwatched episode from those shows.  Simple and effective.  Any way to replicate this in Emby natively?

Hmm, not quite the same -- I don't want to "Forget" things, I want to have an explicit curated list.  Though I think both of these are really the same thing -- we should be able to set a filter to apply to the "Next Up" list.  People who want to use the "Forget" feature can just do "doesn't have tag Forgotten", people like me can say "is favourite" (or "has tag Actively Watching").  This could be done as a per-user setting -- "Filter for 'Next Up'", which should make the implementation pretty straightforward.