Best TV Option

pgriffith

pgriffith

Hi all

I know people hate these sort of questions ..  :)

I'm currently using ServerWMC for TV for Emby, as Media Center is dead going forward, I'm starting to look at getting rid of it now that Emby Theatre is getting closer to being somewhat usable (I think the interface is a shit show compared to EMC... but I digress)

If I'm to ditch WMC whats considered the best 3rd party TV option to go with ? And this will be on a machine that is NOT the server.

Cheers

mastrmind11

Hi all

I know people hate these sort of questions ..   :)

I'm currently using ServerWMC for TV for Emby, as Media Center is dead going forward, I'm starting to look at getting rid of it now that Emby Theatre is getting closer to being somewhat usable (I think the interface is a shit show compared to EMC... but I digress)

If I'm to ditch WMC whats considered the best 3rd party TV option to go with ? And this will be on a machine that is NOT the server.

Cheers

I'm unsure whether you're asking for recommendations on which streaming device to get, or which PVR software to use once you ditch WMC.

CBers

I'm starting to look at getting rid of it now that Emby Theatre is getting closer to being somewhat usable (I think the interface is a shit show compared to EMC... but I digress)

I don't like the interface either :)

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

ET needs the variety of skins that Kodi and "MB" WMC enjoy/enjoyed... i really hope some focus happens and the ones that are rumored and in-progress start to move fwd

• Like 1

ET needs the variety of skins that Kodi and "MB" WMC enjoy/enjoyed... i really hope some focus happens and the ones that are rumored and in-progress start to move fwd

Give us the same amount of time they had and we will ;).

• Like 3

pgriffith

Yes, can't wait for some skins to appear. The interface as it is too 'busy' without the ability to hide/reorder whats there. I maintain 4 Emby setups for friends/family and my elderly parents would find it confusing in it's current form. I really hope a skin appears that is similar to WMC, it's clean, simple and very easy for a new user to use.

I'm quite impressed with the architecture it's built with, just the lack of options at this point is stopping me using it.