WMC EPG Woes Fix

JeremyFr79

JeremyFr79

Ok, so maybe I'm the last to know about this maybe not.  But I use Ceton tuners which means that I'm stuck using WMC's guide data or so I thought........As many of you know WMC EPG has been nearly useless since they switched to ROVI (Now TIVO) data for their guide.  I've been struggling through images that aren't correct, recordings not happening because a new episode is flagged as a repeat in ROVI's data for some unforsaken damn reason etc.  I was nearly ready to buy HomeRun's and lose 2 tuners just go get reliable data through Emby and Shedules Direct.  Well I found something tonight that saved me 250 bux and let me keep my current 8 Ceton tuners.

EPG123, a simple google search and you'll find it.  It's a great utility developed by @@garyan2 who that use's schedules direct data among other metadata to build what is honestly the best damn guide data I've ever seen in WMC. Not to mention the images it pulls down look awesome in Emby clients.  It will even append season/episode numbers in the guide etc.

If you've been fighting the woes of ROVI's shit data give EPG123 a try.  Obviously you'll need a subscription to Schedules Direct as well but hey 25bux a year is worth it.

The only downside is you'll have to rebuild everything in WMC after setting up EPG123, including scheduled shows, channel list, etc so BEWARE of that, but dammit it's a small price to pay.

Edited by JeremyFr79
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Latchmor

I missed the original post obviously but I too use EPG123 and it is very good.

JeremyFr79

Wow, thanks ... and you're welcome!

Seriously you don't even know how appreciative I am of your work!!!  You have done a great job with EPG123.  It's been problem free since I switched and it's made my tv viewing life so much better.  

garyan2

@@garyan2 - is your tool only available for use with WMC, or can we use it with HDHomeRuns and IPTV?

The file it creates is only appropriate to be imported into WMC, but the interaction with Schedules Direct JSON user accounts can be used by anyone (add/remove lineups).

It is certainly not outside the realm of possibility to have epg123 create an xmltv file if that is what you are asking. It's been a while since I've taken a look at the mc2xml output to see if I would be producing something that is not already possible somewhere else. There is the customization with series/episode numbers in the episode title and/or description. Possibly images?

• Like 1

kanipek

EPG123 is a fantastic program. I've used it since it came out. Talk about a lifesaver, EPG123 is definitely one.