Power Mac G5 Ubuntu 16.04 Emby Install

kaynemo

kaynemo

Hi all! I've been trying to get PPC G5 running Ubuntu 16.04 to run Emby Server to no avail. 1. The adding of the repos list gives a public key error. 2. Installing emby-server returns a massive list of dependencies that "are not going to be installed", including mono. Is it the PPC architecture (in which case there is absolutely no way Emby will start on this hardware), or is it me not being witty enough to meet all the prerequisites for install? Is there, anywhere , a detailed walkthrough for this type of installation or, perhaps, hidden repos with precompiled packages for PPC? Much obliged !

kaynemo

Hi Luke ! Thanks for a reply. Does it mean that it wasn't tested and therefore an uncharted territory, or that it wasn't tested because the PPC architecture will definitely not run it? Should I be trying to get it up or it is futile due to hardware incapability to run it?

It's uncharted. For instance, I am not even sure the mono runtime supports it, it's just not something we've looked into. But we are looking to move to the new .net core runtime from Microsoft so if that supports PPC then that might be a sign of hope for the near future.