Movie Stops

clarkclan6

clarkclan6

I am running Media Browser Classic in Living Room and Media Browser Theatre in bedroom.  Every time I launch either,  the 1st movie I play stops and has to be restarted. After restarting the movie, it does not stop again. I can play other movies with no issue as long as I don't exit out of Media Browser.   I am using MPC-HC external player on both systems.

I have tried reloading Server and MPC-HC with no change.  Any ideas?

The common denominator is MPC-HC and your network environment.  Perhaps your drives are spun down and MPC-HC is not handling it?

clarkclan6

Thanks for the reply Chief!  Sorry for long for the response.  I have been traveling.

I have used the same drives (all media resides on separate  external drives), MPC-HC and configuration with Media Browser 2 for years and never experienced this problem until upgrading to Media Browser 3 and which point it started this right off the bat.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this further? Server Settings, etc ??

Are you sure the external player configuration is exactly the same?

Did you also upgrade MPC-HC when you upgraded MB?

Since it is MPC-HC that is in control of the playback the only thing that could possibly be different is either it, its configuration options or the command line being used to start it.

clarkclan6

I didn't upgrade MPC-HC until I started experiencing the issue.  I will play with some settings in MPC-HC to see if I can get a different result.

Thank you very much for your help.  I absolutely love the new direction of Media Browser.  As I mentioned I have been using Media Browser for years and have recommended it to all my friends.   It will be really cool when there are some themes such as Aztec for MB Theatre.