Search Display Out Of Order Media

Zekeman

Zekeman

This is more of a self annoyance to me. When I search for a movie (don't use collections) it display the results with the movies out of order (not sequential). However If I manually got through the media via movies they are all in sequential order... Is there a way to fix this to show "searches" for a specific title display back in sequential order?

Thanks!

Z

Happy2Play

How about and example.  Search will present its results alphabetically, so if I search "Alien" I get Alien, Alien 3 then Aliens.

Zekeman

Thanks for response....  so "Superman" displays as: Superman, Superman 3, Superman Elite, Superman IV, Superman Returns, Superman Unbound, Superman II

But in the actual movie sections and I scroll down it displays in alphabetical order (correctly)

The ordering of the search results is based on a score that compares search input to titles in the database. the results are then ordered by that search score, not alphabetical.

What I can do to improve is make it alphabetical for titles that have an equal search score, so sort of a second level sort. I am not sure it will get you what you want but I think it makes sense to do that anyway.

Zekeman

The ordering of the search results is based on a score that compares search input to titles in the database. the results are then ordered by that search score, not alphabetical.

What I can do to improve is make it alphabetical for titles that have an equal search score, so sort of a second level sort. I am not sure it will get you what you want but I think it makes sense to do that anyway.

That would be awesome. Thanks as usual.

Zekeman

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you for the new search update.. Works like a charm! Best DEV team out there and glad to be a supporter!