Library Scan stuck and then crashes Emby Server Service

Pi_MB_Snrr_Get

Pi_MB_Snrr_Get

Hi all,

It took me a month but I eventually had my emby server happily configured on my Raspberry pi 3.

It ran stable for a week with daily library scans.

Suddenly this morning the server was not online. After a restart I saw it also had not completed this mornings scan.

I tried a few of the usual tricks and then upgraded to the latest stable release.

It would keep getting stuck for no reason at around 13.4%.

I uninstalled the Kodi Syncque plugin

I made sure chapter extraction was off

I disabled FanArt

I disabled DLNA

I disabled metadata for Series from theTVDB(For some reason this would halt my library scan in the past).

Despite all this it still got stuck at 13% (See log attached)

I removed my Series folders, leaving only Movies (which would work better in the past... Id then add series folders one by one until scan completed with all)

This time still stuck at 15.8% (See log attached)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Failing a solution I may roll back to a backup of my SD card I have from last week.

emby server logs.zip

Pi_MB_Snrr_Get

Initial scan of just 2 out of 3 TV folders looked great and was quicker than before, but as soon as I added the 3rd TV or the movies folder it again got stuck at 14% or so and eventually stalled the pi.

I will now revert to my last good sd card image, then do an upgrade of all packages incl mono and re-scan.

If its still an issue will post new logs

Pi_MB_Snrr_Get

Hi Luke,

After still having some issues with the good SD image and a full upgrade of emby server and Mono I today stumbled across the problem..

It kept now getting stuck when adding movies.

I thought I would just go through the folder structure and look for anything strange.

What I found is VERY strange!

On the share on my NAS I suddenly have an issue that if I navigate to Movies/comedy/Pitch Perfect/..

I am presented with the full contents from the root of the share i.e Movies, Series etc with all their content

On tryiong to delete a folder to teest it would apprear that suddenly Movies/Comedy/Pitch Perfect has become a link to the root of the shared folder and anything I delete is deleted from the share :/

Despite my searches I cant find how to remove such a link safely.

Im currently trying to rename the share through the NAS admin portal but thats hanging up...not sure how long the rename should take.

In short I think this circular situation naturally completely screwed with Emby's ability to do a library scan