Emby app after reboot

Norin

We have a new QNAP package available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51334-new-qnap-package-for-testing/

Unlike the current package in the QNAP community, this is built by the Emby Team and will be tested and supported by us. It is also built with the new .NET Core runtime from Microsoft, which has major performance improvements over the mono runtime used by the community package. 

Please try it out if interested in helping us test it. Thanks !

Ok great, I'll take a look over the next couple of weeks - I assume I just uninstall my current Emby App from the QNAP and then install this one?  Will I need to do any other sort of clean up on the QNAP so there isn't any 'contamination'?

Or can they run side by side?  That would be handy so I can keep watching per normal on the community one too.

Edited by smc007i

smc007i

@@Luke

I updated my community copy to the latest version 3.2.33.0 and then I installed this 'official' version 3.2.32.14 onto the same QNAP NAS and while they sit as 2 separate apps on my QNAP app center, I can't seem to run them side by side.  I tried stopping the community one and running the official one and it doesn't start up at all, it doesn't find the address.  With them both 'started'/running - when I tried the official one it just took me to the community one.

I've since uninstalled the official one and am ready to start again, are there any specific instructions I need to follow to have them both on the NAS to run side by side so I can test? 

PS -  if this works will I be able to move the settings from one to the other?

You'll need to configure them to use different ports at the very least. Possibly other things too, I really haven't tested running them both at the same time. I really just meant having both on the machine together so that you can launch either one.