Backup plugin won't retain settings

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

Hi there,

I cannot get the emby backup plugin to retain any settings. I am attempting to enter a unc path for the backup target, also tried local disk.

Happy2Play

What server and plugin versions?  Also what browser?

Had no issues with beta .288 and plugin 1.0.1.7

PrincessClevage

What server and plugin versions? Also what browser?

Had no issues with beta .288 and plugin 1.0.1.7

i am running 1.0.1.7 and emby server 3.1.5.0

I have checked the service account and it has write permissions. When you click save in the backup app then goto back to your plugins view then click on the backup app again do you see the settings that you have entered?

Happy2Play

i am running 1.0.1.7 and emby server 3.1.5.0
I have checked the service account and it has write permissions. When you click save in the backup app then goto back to your plugins view then click on the backup app again do you see the settings that you have entered?
Tested on 3.1.5.0 and 1.0.1.7.

I deleted the path hit save click plugins again the opened backup plugin and it asked me for a path.

Entered the path and click ok

backed out of plugin then opened again and path was still there.

All testing done in Chrome.

Edited by Happy2Play

DarWun

Thanks @@Happy2Play !

I'm not sure if this is related to the original issue, but from my experience the latest version of the backup plugin does not work as intended when using IE11.  It does work when using Edge.  With IE11, the dialogue box asking for backup location doesn't pop up when you first run the plug-in.  Manually entering the backup location into the appropriate location on the configuration screen and clicking save does nothing.  The location does not get saved.  This is based on running the beta version of Emby on a Synology NAS.  When I've reported issues in the past when running Emby using IE11, I've been told to get with the times and change browsers.  So I didn't bother reporting the issue this time.

Edited by DarWun

Happy2Play

Yes, that is why I ask what browser in post #2.  Overall there is still functionality in IE11 but there are things that are depreciated.

But if you are using IE11 then no it does not store or show the path.

And here is the error the browser throws.

588ff2c05d2c4_ie11.jpg

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

Yes, that is why I ask what browser in post #2. Overall there is still functionality in IE11 but there are things that are depreciated.

But if you are using IE11 then no it does not store or show the path.

And here is the error the browser throws.

588ff2c05d2c4_ie11.jpg

HOLY Popups Batman...

I never know I was missing out on these cool informative popups by using IE11. Have now switched to Edge and back config is working as expected.

Thanks Team

I'm not sure if this is related to the original issue, but from my experience the latest version of the backup plugin does not work as intended when using IE11.  It does work when using Edge.  With IE11, the dialogue box asking for backup location doesn't pop up when you first run the plug-in.  Manually entering the backup location into the appropriate location on the configuration screen and clicking save does nothing.  The location does not get saved.  This is based on running the beta version of Emby on a Synology NAS.  When I've reported issues in the past when running Emby using IE11, I've been told to get with the times and change browsers.  So I didn't bother reporting the issue this time.

@@DarWun these kinds of issues we will fix so please report them. It is the cosmetic issues that don't inhibit access to critical functions that we are going to live with in IE. Thanks !

DarWun

@@DarWun these kinds of issues we will fix so please report them. It is the cosmetic issues that don't inhibit access to critical functions that we are going to live with in IE. Thanks !

I hadn't actually clued in to what the issue was until recently.  When I originally tried using the backup plugin with Emby in IE11 many months ago, there was no on-screen or in-log feedback indicating that there was an issue relating to Emby.  I thought the fact that the backup location wasn't being saved was related to incorrect permissions being set for folders on my Synology NAS.  The behavior was similar to what I had experienced when first trying to set up library access for media folders on the NAS after my network permissions were accidentally reset.  I didn't have an immediate reason to use the backup add-in, so I didn't investigate further.  Last weekend when I was playing around with Edge, I entered the backup plugin settings screen in Emby and was surprised when the popup asking for a backup location appeared.  When I checked the forums to see if others had previously reported issues with the backup plugin, I didn't find anything similar being reported.  I didn't want to waste the Emby Team's time by reporting an issue that only I was having, particularly given that it could easily be resolved by switching browsers.  Sorry about that.    

Edited by DarWun

• 2 months later...
iamneo

Thanks for thread...

I was having issue with the emby backup on 

Server 2008R2 - with internet Explorer 11

I have loaded chrome and now the backup is working as expected.  Appreciate the support you guys offer for this wonderful application.

Stan....

Edited by iamneo

iamneo

@@Luke

After installing the Emby backup, I got the usual message to restart the emby server

- restarted emby server

- went into the emby backup, there was no prompt to setup the backup directory

- I tried typing in the backup directory and clicking save

- after clicking save I exited the app and went back into the app and the settings were not saved

- its like clicking save did absolutely nothing

- I have the latest java and flash installed(not sure if that matters)

- I even disabled the popup blocker(not sure if that matters)

- after reading this blog, I installed chrome and set it as the default browser

- went into emby server settings, selected the "emby backup" app

- immediately in chrome, I was prompted for the backup directory

- after this I was able to successfully save settings and complete a backup

Again this is a server...

I have disabled the IE protection for the server...

Server 2008 R2, with dual XEON quad core processors with 16GB of memory.  OS drive has 100GB, data drive has 20 TB

Hope this helps...

Edited by iamneo

DarWun

Thanks. The IE11 issue is resolved for the next update to the plugin.@@iamneo

Thanks Luke.  The plugin works as expected in IE11 after updating to the latest version.  Hopefully the update resolves @@iamneo's issues as well.

Edited by DarWun

• 2 weeks later...
iamneo

@@Luke @@DarWun

app is working perfectly now...!

Thanks for fixing it...

appreciate the hard work