Skip forwards/backwards on recordings doesn't work

ausvette

ausvette

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. NextPVR server is on a different server to Emby server. And I have two separate Emby Theatre clients on different pcs. One Windows 10 64 bit and the other Windows 7 32 bit.

I'm running latest Emby server beta version, latest versions of all other software.

I've just setup NextPVR. Live Tv and guide works great. Good high quality picture.

Playing back recordings, looks like its dropping frames, movements are rather jerky, basically looks terrible and is nothing like my live tv quality. And also I can't skip forwards or backwards. Using keyboard commands or using the icons for skipping forwards/backwards on screen doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Most likely this is due to the very limited media information that the next pvr plugin is supplying to the core about the recordings. there's an opportunity to improve the next pvr plugin here @@Sven

ausvette

I need to check that. But I don't know if I have that's possible with the next pvr API....

Is this something that is possible?

Or do I need to change to a different solution to nextpvr?

Thanks!

Dropping any frames will come down to an Emby problem. Maybe because Emby is trying to transcode and your machine can't keep up.

Regarding skipping forward/back, Kodi and other clients are able to do this, so there is no reason Emby shouldn't be able to too.

Edited by sub3

Dropping any frames will come down to an Emby problem. Maybe because Emby is trying to transcode and your machine can't keep up.

Regarding skipping forward/back, Kodi and other clients are able to do this, so there is no reason Emby shouldn't be able to too.

You're right, there's no nextpvr problem here, I was referring to improvements that could be made with our next pvr plugin.

ausvette

How do I problem solve my dropped fames/quality issue with playing back recordings?

My live tv plays back perfectly, just playing back recordings that looks poor quality.

How do I problem solve my dropped fames/quality issue with playing back recordings?

My live tv plays back perfectly, just playing back recordings that looks poor quality.

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this. In order for us to best help you, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

That's not really for sub3, it's all in the next pvr plugin.it passes a url to the recording back to the server but we could look at giving it the direct file path.

emveepee

Remember Emby only uses the NextPVR remote API that sub3 supports for streaming, it primarily uses the NEWA JSON API supported by UJB. The filename has always been exposed and the code checks for it and passes the filename if it exists https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Plugins/blob/master/MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr/Responses/RecordingResponse.cs#L112

Martin

Edited by emveepee

Remember Emby only uses the NextPVR remote API that sub3 supports for streaming, it primarily uses the NEWA JSON API supported by UJB. The filename has always been exposed and the code checks for it and passes the filename if it exists https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Plugins/blob/master/MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr/Responses/RecordingResponse.cs#L112

Martin

Right yes, great catch. So this probably means if it is returning false that the Emby Server process does not have access to the folder.

emveepee

Right yes, great catch. So this probably means if it is returning false that the Emby Server process does not have access to the folder.

Since the OP wrote he is not running Emby on the NextPVR server that would likely be the case if he isn't recording to a share in \\server\sharename notation.

Perhaps Emby needs something like Kodi path substitution to fix this.

Martin

Edited by emveepee