I just met Robert Frankenberg

Guest asrequested

Swynol

impressive resume. must be a very interesting person. Doofus if you dont mind me asking what do you do for him to be a customer?

Guest asrequested

impressive resume. must be a very interesting person. Doofus if you dont mind me asking what do you do for him to be a customer?

I wish I could say I was fixing his computer, lol. Alas, I just work in pest control.

He was telling me about when DRAM was being developed, and he'd just designed a new system in which the OS was going to run from the memory. The companies that were developing the DRAM couldn't make it work correctly. He wanted to use their memory, so he went and fixed the problems they were having.

I was totally geeking out lol

clarkss12

He certainly had an impressive resume.  I recall when Novell sold Word Perfect and Quatro Pro to Corel, it was a big disappointment for me.  Anyway, I have always used and still use WP and especially Quatro Pro.  He was on the board of Nuance, which makes (or used to make) the  Paper Port program, which, again I have used for years and use very often.

clarkss12

He talked about Nuance, and how involved they are with voice recognition. I could have talked to him all day.

Yes, as I recall Nuance was the pioneer in the voice recognition software.