Live TV asking for Premier subsription

clarkss12

clarkss12

The Live TV part of the Emby app will not play, says I have not paid for subscription.  Noticed this on the last two updates for the Samsung Emby app.

Tested using 4 different servers.

This has always been the case although it's possible that early versions of the app had a defect with it. We are working very hard every day on this app and we are bringing you local media features free. For some of the extras such as Live TV, we are asking for your support. Thank you for your support !

clarkss12

This has always been the case although it's possible that early versions of the app had a defect with it. We are working very hard every day on this app and we are bringing you local media features free. For some of the extras such as Live TV, we are asking for your support. Thank you for your support !

I paid for the yearly Premiere Key a couple of months ago and it has been working fine until the last 2 updates.  I have pasted the key into the appropriate location on the setup screen.  Right now, I am running your server on 4 different devices, and they all have the same problem.

post-38990-0-68477300-1485401028_thumb.jpg

post-38990-0-12923600-1485401032_thumb.jpg

post-38990-0-17293400-1485401037_thumb.jpg

Hi.  Have you shared your key with anyone?  I am showing it installed on a high number of servers for a single household.

clarkss12

Guess that is my problem, I am not sharing my key, but as you can see I have 4 servers running right now.  I keep changing the OS on these inexpensive devices, to see how they run both Emby and Plex servers.  Every time I install a new version of Linux, I do a complete setup again. 

So, yes I guess it shows a lot of installs.  Not sure how to solve that issue.  Here are some of my devices I am tinkering with, so you have an idea of what I am talking about.

post-38990-0-44885100-1485402518_thumb.jpg

post-38990-0-45636900-1485402521_thumb.jpg

post-38990-0-44777500-1485402524_thumb.jpg

post-38990-0-46342600-1485402527_thumb.jpg

post-38990-0-28573400-1485402531_thumb.jpg

clarkss12

Okay, thanks for the explanation.  Things should have started working for you again last night...

Thanks, BTW, I am not a "hoarder", I just like to see what different hardware can do.  I have been testing these low powered devices to see how they work as a server and how they work as a client.  

In my mind, there should be no "reason" to transcode any of my media if the client natively supports the video and audio codec.  This brings me to the topic of which of my client devices work the best.  Strangely, the Emby app running on my Samsung TV seems to out perform most of my other low powered, low cost client devices.  Even my Xiaomi Mi Box should play my media better, but it plays them horribly. 

Some of my other Android devices that support natively all my media codecs, including HD audio passthrough struggle with the Emby app, which I can't understand.  Almost all of my media should "Direct Play", using my Android boxes as clients, but that is not the case in a lot of instances.

Some of my other Android devices that support natively all my media codecs, including HD audio passthrough struggle with the Emby app, which I can't understand.  Almost all of my media should "Direct Play", using my Android boxes as clients, but that is not the case in a lot of instances.

If you have specific examples, please start a thread in the appropriate area but the only Android device I know of that supports HD Audio pass thru is the Shield.

clarkss12

If you have specific examples, please start a thread in the appropriate area but the only Android device I know of that supports HD Audio pass thru is the Shield.

Ok, I will be posting later.  However, if my Android box can passthrough HD audio using VLC, why can't Emby do it?  As a work around, when I have set it up to use an external player when playing videos that have HD audio, I use Kodi as my external player.

I will get into that later.

Thanks for all your help.  I am very satisfied with Emby, but there still needs improvements.  My goal it to use a low powered, inexpensive device as a server and another low powered, low cost client.  I am using different devices that cost $40 US or less as both server and clients, and it is working pretty dog gone good so far.