Vlc as external player don't play all the videos

magico77

magico77

Hi

I'm very new user of emby: I have emby server on synology ds214play and emby client on Nvidia Shield Tv 1 generation: In the setting I 've chosen to use vlc as external player, but not all the video are played with vlc and it use  the default one. For example the local trailers, the concerts are played but the player internal, other movies are played by vlc. How it is possible? I'm using the latest version of the app...Maybe there is another player you may suggest? I swiched from kodi/spmc because I love Emby interface.

Why do you feel you need to use an external player at all?

The other player I would suggest would be to leave the settings at default and enjoy :).

magico77

My point is that vlc is much speeder loading the movie and easier to search the point of the movie i'm seraching for. There is some reason because append this strange thing?

My point is that vlc is much speeder loading the movie and easier to search the point of the movie i'm seraching for. There is some reason because append this strange thing?

Can you provide a specific example of this?

magico77

Ok I try in my imperfect English (I'm Italian...)

I created a library with movies: every movie are in single file folder named with the title of the movie.Inside the folder there is the movie the file NFO the trailer. In the emby app I click the movie and appear the movie info:

If I click play the movie it is played by VLC if I click play trailer,it is played by the player of the app:why if in the setting is clicked the option use external player than always?

That is by design because trailers are short and usually a fairly well known quantity so exiting out to an external player for them would be mostly an annoyance.

My main question though is why you feel you need to use an external player for them...