Problems with parental control and german ratings

Emby Tower
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Emby Tower

Hi,

today I've made some tests with the user management and especially the parental control. If i activate the options to hide content with no or unrecognized ratings, then everything with "FSK-XX" is also not visible for this account. Only content with "DE-XX" is valid. I've tested it with Kodi, the Android app and also with Emby Theater for Windows; all with the same results.

BTW: IMHO the "special way" for german ratings is a crap. Everything with an automatic result via scraper gets an "FSK-XX" and manual editing only have "DE-XX". No option in Emby Server to harmonize this or to choose, if I want to have the country code (DE-XX) or the "FSK" thing.

My wish is an option to choose "DE" or "FSK" and additionally a button to change everything with the "wrong" rating automatically to the correct.

Thank a lot.

Hi,

BTW: IMHO the "special way" for german ratings

There is no such thing as this.

Can you discuss some specific examples? Thanks !

Happy2Play

Parental control should recognize either.

DE-0,1
FSK-0,1
DE-6,5
FSK-6,5
DE-12,7
FSK-12,7
DE-16,8
FSK-16,8
DE-18,9
FSK-18,9
  • Like 1

Emby Tower

@Luke: The thing with "special way" I mean is the thing with FSK and DE. All the other countries have one option, and most it is the country code. But for Germany there are these two things who seems to make problems now. And it would be very cool to solve this, because editing all the "FSK" manually to "DE" is a little bit annoying.

@Happy2Play: It should recognize either, but it doesn't. I've tested it yesterday for many hours with all variables.

If you don't believe it, you can try it by yourself.

Happy2Play

There was a big discussion on this in feature requests to make this change.  But if parental controls are not working you will need to provide specific examples with the a log.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Tested in German and English

In my test Parental controls are working mostly, but unrated material is still being presented (media with no rating, and in my case media with Not Rated) at the lowest level.

tested on current beta and dev servers.

Edited by Happy2Play

Emby Tower

Hm, I just checked the ratings_de file and there are only the DE-Ratings stored, no FSK! And the file has a timestamp from 2016-08-31 ... So I copied the content from above post ...