2.2.0 Released

cmcg

Today we release version 2.2 of the Emby client for older Samsung SmartTVs (the ones with the old style SmartHub rather than Tizen).

This can be installed from the release IP address 173.230.139.54. Full instructions here.

This is mainly a maintenance release with a few nice visual improvements that we think you’ll enjoy, plus all the normal bug fixes. It also adds support for some of the later H, J and K series models that run the old SmartHub OS. Plus, Samsung Evo Kits are supported to allow Evo Kit owners to unlock the extra codecs those provide.

The Home screen appearence has been sharpened up and you can now select your own highlight colour. Emby green, cool silver or aqua all look great. Bright red, blue or garish purple not so much! But hey, that’s why we call them user preferences.

Internet channel support has been added but major features are otherwise thin on the ground as this project winds down in favour of the fantastic new Emby client for Samsung Tizen TVs.

It’s been a great pleasure for us to work on this client and we wish the community well.

See all the visual updates here.

588654baaeb40_01Home.png

For the benefit of regular beta testers, here are the release notes compared to the previous beta.

Support Models H5200, J5200, J6200 and K8500.

Updated About page.

• Like 4

Thanks @@cmcg.

Do we have instructions for J Series TV's?

The 2016 UBD-K8500 works the same as the H-series install, so I expect J-series would use the same method.  Maybe update the title on the install instructions to include H and J

• Like 2

I assume this the latest?  Would prefer to just install form my own web server instead of an externally

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV

Yes.  Easiest way to load to own web-server is to download the packaged .zip from the published site.  Download the zip from the path in here http://173.230.139.54/widgetlist.xml

• Like 1

CBers

I assume this the latest? Would prefer to just install form my own web server instead of an externally

So what does that give you over using the IP above?

I used the IP above and it installed first time.

Just asking :)

FrostByte

Nothing really, maybe faster install?  More of a backup just in case the other server goes down I guess.

• Like 1