Android downloading from Emby and can't stop it

smartaxel

smartaxel

Hi,

I just installed the Emby server yesterday, and am just getting used to how it all works.  I assume I did something wrong..  Emby app is installed on my Android phone.  I noticed in the top task bar that Emby was constantly downloading the phone.   it started off as filenames like "2016-06-28 17.19.47" then appeared to be the name of one of the recorded shows.  I assume I hit "sync" somewhere in the app to cause it, but when I look at anything related to sync, I dont see any active jobs.  I disconnected from Emby server, rebooted the phone, and reconnected and it continued until my phone was out of storage space.  

Are there any logs to show what files are copied?  Or, where does Emby save to on an Android phone?  How would you kill the downloads? Short of disconnecting from the Emby server, I have no idea how to get it to stop.  :)

I did try to search first, but dont see anything related to this.  Thanks folks...

smartaxel

HI, thanks for the reply.. It just says "No offline downloads.. make your media available..." Earlier it had a show listed, so I did remove that, but I didnt see much else.  Where does it save to on the android device?  I'd like to just go in and delete anything it downloaded

smartaxel

Technically, neither.  I think the phone got bumped at some point.  I was just looking around the app, trying to see all the cool things it can do, and my wife called me for something.  My only guess is when I moved the phone, I randomly hit something!  It started downloading after that.  I didnt catch it until I realized the phone was full.  So, honestly, I don't know which one I hit.

• 5 months later...

@@smartaxel

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !