Live TV remote viewing issues

tp546
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hey guys, I set up an HD Homerun Prime and it works fine streaming on my home network, but when I try to test streaming on my phone with the Emby Android app and I turn my wifi off, it only streams for about 2-3 seconds and then freezes. Any idea what the problem is? I have a full 4G signal and I did a bandwidth test and I'm getting 90 mbps download speed so that shouldn't be the problem, right? 

maegibbons

What is the upstream speed of your server internet connection?  That is usually the limiting factor for good external viewing  although unless very low would not normally cause an issue.

Most DSL type services are asymmetric i.e different in each direction. Like 80 down 20 up etc

The limit in this case would be 20mbps up or outbound.

Krs

Mark

What is the upstream speed of your server internet connection?  That is usually the limiting factor for good external viewing  although unless very low would not normally cause an issue.

Most DSL type services are asymmetric i.e different in each direction. Like 80 down 20 up etc

The limit in this case would be 20mbps up or outbound.

Krs

Mark

Hey Mark, thanks for helping out but that's not the issue - I have ~160mbps upload because I have Verizon Fios.

I just deleted everything in my logs folder and tried again twice and I experienced the same problem, but there is no ffmpeg log in the folder, just this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/472290/logs/server-63620812800.txt

I also tried adjusting the quality settings, but got an error stating:

Playback error

There was an error processing the request. Please try again later.

There's an issue in the current release where it always want to direct stream the live tv no matter the connection. it has been resolved for the next release, thanks.

There's an issue in the current release where it always want to direct stream the live tv no matter the connection. it has been resolved for the next release, thanks.

Thanks Luke. Can you let me know when this is released (or if it already has been) so I can test again?

Thanks! I just tested it for a few minutes and it worked without any issues.

Thanks for reporting back.

Spaceboy

Hi @@Spaceboy, we're very sorry to hear about your live tv playback issue. In order for us to best help you, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Changing quality on live tv

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=77624&share_tid=43786&url=https%3A%2F%2Femby%2Emedia%2Fcommunity%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F43786-Changing-quality-on-live-tv&share_type=t