Don't scrape season backdrops

horstepipe
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

horstepipe

Hey

In metadata settings, you can't disable backdrops for seasons.

I think they a quite annoying because in most cases you only get season backdrops for less than half of the seasons in a tv show so scrolling through them feels quite inconsistent.

Best regards

Happy2Play

What series is providing season backdrops?  At least in the web client series backdrops are presented at season level (for me).

Why can't you configure it? The settings are there. Backrop downloading for seasons is actually off by default so you would have had to enable it at some point.

Happy2Play

Why can't you configure it? The settings are there. Backrop downloading for seasons is actually off by default so you would have had to enable it at some point.

I don't see an option via services "Seasons".  All I see is Primary, Banner, and Thumb.

There is a option "Maximum number of backdrops per item:" but no fetch image option for backdrops.

588170d113b70_season.jpg

I see it. It could be that same issue in stable that is causing some features on that screen to be hidden. If you have any plugins that add options to that screen try removing them in case something is causing an issue there.

Happy2Play

I see it. It could be that same issue in stable that is causing some features on that screen to be hidden. If you have any plugins that add options to that screen try removing them in case something is causing an issue there.

Testing this on a portable stable, with no plugins, I still get the same result as above for services "Season".

• Like 1

horstepipe

Testing this on a portable stable, with no plugins, I still get the same result as above for services "Season".

Me, too!

Happy2Play

Actually I don't see backdrop as a option on any service content type.

There is no hidden option either, only boxrear, box and menu.

5881773c1ab01_settings1.jpg

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Come to think of it was there ever a backdrop option?

or just the "Maximum number of backdrops per item:" option?

yea it's always been there. i think it is just the stable release that it's currently not visible on.

Happy2Play

yea it's always been there. i think it is just the stable release that it's currently not visible on.

Missing in all versions for me.  Will do another clean portable dev to confirm.

• Solution

Edit: It is working as expected. There has never been a checkbox for backdrops because there is the backdrop limit field. If you don't want backdrops you can just set the limit to 0.

• Like 2