MB Classic - Thumbs/Covers - AspectRatio-Problem

malteser02

malteser02

Hi @ all.

I've been an enthusiastic user and a supporter of mediabrowser since you guys started this wunderfull project.

Just had a look at MB3 and found out, that there is a strange behaviour concerning the shown covers in several themes (!) using thumbstrip-view - the aspect ratio of the covers is changed somehow? 

I am using Win 8.1 and newest MB.

The first screenshot shows the "trouble". 

The second screenshot shows the right dimension of the covers within the same theme (good old Pearl!).

post-2357-0-67897300-1391167989_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-49192900-1391167991_thumb.jpg

Where do I fix that? Thanks in advance.

Edited by malteser02

What are the first couple of items in that view?  Anything with actually a square cover?  What does it look like in Chocolate CoverFlow?

malteser02

@@ebr

The first hint strikes...issue solved - thanks a lot!

Well, even though I still think it is a little strange somehow - remember: issue only in "thumbstrip-view" NOT in "coverflow-view" and the same using different themes.

I simply didn't have any cover within the folder of my, alphabetically(!), first movie-Folder - so when I put a cover with the "normal" aspect ratio inside, everything was - also in "thumbstrip-view" - alright.

Would you do me a favour and try to explain "ebr"?   

Edited by malteser02

malteser02

How and why does it  - issue only in "thumbstrip-view" NOT in "coverflow-view" - work like this? Which config-file is responsible and might be changed manually? 

And why does it change aspect-ratio of all folder.jpg in all following folders, even there is no cover inside the first folder?

Sorry, but that doesn't seem logical to me at all. 

Edited by malteser02

Each view is coded independently within each theme and they have all been developed by different developers.  It is quite possible there are differences in exactly how they all handle things.

Dealing with aspect ratios is a tricky issue when trying to display a list or grid of items.  If they don't all have the exact same shape you can end up with all kinds of issues.  Therefore, some views attempt to normalize all of the items into a single shape by interrogating the first few items and averaging their aspect ratio.  This method may or may not be implemented completely consistently across all views/themes and some of them may be intentionally different in order to provide different options to the user.