Add RSS server function

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey

In addition to the real time notifications (like email, pushbullet) I'd like to see Emby providing information via RSS.

This would be a nice alternative to inform (especially Kodi) users.

Best regards

Edited by horstepipe
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Ha. I just came in to ask the same thing

I would love an RSS option that posts newly added contents to a custom RSS feed of my choice

In my case, my own rss feed. 

Ironically also a Kodi users, but in my case. i would like to see the RSS in Kodi and also have option to ( based on own config ) to have rss new content added to Facebook page

Regards, HTPCS

chef

Can that be done with a plugin?

RSS is just an XML doc right? With specific headers?

Would there have to be an endpoint created in the server?

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
MindBullet

+1 for good, desirable feature :) I could have a Telegram Bot posting my recently added stuff, for example, which would be a great workaround for my lacking Plex/Tautulli newsletter :)

Edited by GodOnEmby

chef

+1 for good, desirable feature :) I could have a Telegram Bot posting my recently added stuff, for example, which would be a great workaround for my lacking Plex/Tautulli newsletter :)

So an RSS feed plugin would consist of an OPEN endpoint, containing XML data which could be accessed by XML reader.

It isn't difficult to write, but are you sure you want that information accessible to the world?

MindBullet

So an RSS feed plugin would consist of an OPEN endpoint, containing XML data which could be accessed by XML reader.

It isn't difficult to write, but are you sure you want that information accessible to the world?

Haha okay good point :D Mh well then no. I'm just looking for ways to build a Telegram update channel for recently added stuff you know? Like on Plex with Tautulli :(

Edited by GodOnEmby