Transcode Failing.

hokey1

Whenever I transcode a stream from my provider the playback fails.  What is a little strange is that even though all streams are .ts some do not need to transcode.   I not even sure I need transcoding when watching on my pc.   The non transcoded  streams play great.  Any suggestions?

ffmpeg.txt

ffmpeg does not like it for some reason, it is hard to say. In order to test we'll need to see the original url. thanks.

maegibbons

@@Luke

That resolves to the same server that i am having problems with "playback error" on the Android Mobile forum. (which you could not duplicate)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43466-iptv-livetv-will-not-play-on-andoid-mobile/&do=findComment&comment=405215

So if you are debuging this you can use the credentials from the link that I PM'd you.

For me this only fails now in Android Mobile.  They play fine in ATV and web.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

@@Luke

That resolves to the same server that i am having problems with "playback error" on the Android Mobile forum. (which you could not duplicate)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43466-iptv-livetv-will-not-play-on-andoid-mobile/&do=findComment&comment=405215

So if you are debuging this you can use the credentials from the link that I PM'd you.

For me this only fails now in Android Mobile.  They play fine in ATV and web.

Krs

Mark

You don't know that because he hasn't given us a usable url to test. Again, it plays just fine for me using the url that you gave me. The best thing to do is see my most recent response in your topic.

maegibbons

Luke

Want dont i know? I was trying to be helpful!!

I DO KNOW very well that the url he referenced DNS resolves to the same server that I use. Thats what I KNOW!

So what dont i know?

ALL i was suggesting was that you could use MY authentication to debug HIS problem. Thats it.

If you read anything else in to the post then thats you. Yes i do object to the way you replied.

I will reply in the other topic in relation to MY problem.

Somethings I DO KNOW. Other stuff i dont which is why we turn to you for Support.

Mark

maegibbons

All you had to do is insert my username and password in to his url and it would work perfectly. Perhaps YOU DONT KNOW.

Ok, thanks for pointing that out. You're right, I don't know much about the url or the site that is hosting the content so there was really no way for me to be able to know that.

What I do see in his ffmpeg log is this:

http://p-c-iptv.net:4545/live/xxxxxxx@[member="gmail"].com/xxxxxxx/149.ts: Invalid data found when processing input

That suggests that when all is said and done, this might not turn out to be an Emby created problem, if ffmpeg can't read the input.  Your logs never indicated this type of error which is why I don't believe your issue is related.