Live TV stopped working

centuryman

centuryman

Hi, I purchased the Emby for Android app from the play store in early December and setup my server manually and it was working fine until Monday when the live TV streaming stopped although VOD was still working....which ever channel I select the following error message appears "Playback error There was an error processing the request. Please try again later." Has anything changed within the app that need changing for live TV streaming to work again.

Thanks,

Paul

centuryman

Hi, thanks for reply....I'm running the app on Sony android tablet and unsure where the logs will be stored, this is all new to me sorry.

Thanks,

Paul

centuryman

Can't remember the channels I was trying to watch at the time mate....yes it's iptv as far as I know.

All new to me, just now at the weekend when I wanted to watch it played the channel then Monday it gave me the error.

Paul

centuryman

Hi Luke,

I must be reading it to hard as I cannot find reference to ffmpeg in the link you sent. My logs are from "com.mb.android/files/logs" and only contain one log when the app is used.

Thanks,

Paul

maegibbons

Server and ffmpeg logs can be viewed and copied from the server web gui under logs on the left side menu.

Krs

Mark

centuryman

Hi Mark,

Don't have a left hand side menu....when the app starts I am prompted to login and the next screen only shows my home screen icons such as music, films and the live tv option.

Regards,

Paul

maegibbons

Use the WEB interface from a PC is best - NOT the app.

However, FYI, You can see the server logs from the app by going more at the bottom and choose server manager but you cant do much with them SO thats why you should use a PC and log in to the server manager interface that you would have used to setup the server in the first place.

Then go to logs

Krs

Mark

centuryman

I used the web browser with 'app.emby.media' entered the host and port and logged in with user name and password but all I get is my home screen same as with the app, identical layout.

centuryman

Cheers Mark,

I'll try and screen shot to show you the layout after logging in and see if I'm where I should be

Paul

You must have configured that Emby user to not have admin rights. What operating system is your emby server on?

mastrmind11

Android version 6.0.1 according to the tablet Luke

That's your client OS.  What OS is your server running on?

Edited by mastrmind11

centuryman

Sorry about that didn't realise.... I signed up to use iptv, I think that's what it's called and they use the emby app, which I was told to download from play store for my tablet enter their host name & port and then input my username and password which I did and had access to the content, everything listed on the left hand side of the picture I posted but as of Monday the live tv section will not playback any content, if I run the 'android tv' version of the app everything works but I prefer the emby for android version, same as the iOS version it terms of layout and usage, which I am running on an iPad without issue. I am wondering why everything works in the android tv but not the android version of the app, like I said it was working since early December but suddenly stopped.

Edited by centuryman

Ok, in this case, the person who is the administrator of your Emby Server will need to answer these questions.

FYI though, I have a feeling this is already resolved for the next release. Thanks.