Live TV Metadata

antigravity83

antigravity83

Firstly I just want to congratulate the Devs of the Emby project, this is one incredibly powerful bit of kit. Thank you!

One thing I've noticed is I'm not getting alot of Metadata being found for live TV channels, particularly TV Show and sports programs. Live TV movies seem to populate ok.

Is there anyway to improve this? Would make the Live TV section much more polished.

Thanks

antigravity83

My data source is an xmltv URL from my IPTV provider.

Understand content such as show description, tite etc come from the guide, but where does the show images come from? I thought Emby looked for that content?

Images for shows is what is missing

Thanks

No, we do that for movies, but at this time that is all. It is not really feasible to try and look up tv program metadata on sites like tvdb because it will lead to so many incorrect matches that you will think something is wrong with Emby.

arrbee99

If I may hijack that a bit, is there any way to add our own TV images for the guide. For instance, in New Zealand I get the correct metadata / program description for Breakfast TV, but get a an image for BBC Breakfast and its not editable, at least just by clicking on the image. It would be nice if this is doable, assuming I guess that it doesn't get overwritten.

I use NextPVR for DVB-S by the way.

5887d1123f1ed_EmbyTVGuideimages.jpg

No because it will only last for as long as that program remains in the guide, therefore it's not worth customizing.