Connect to with PIN not possible in the Emby app?

BadaBing

BadaBing

Is it not possible to connect to a server with PIN as you can in Emby Theatre for Windows and the other Emby apps?

All I get in the Emby app (just installed on a F-series Samsung Smart TV) is option to add server with IP or address (see attachment).

I need to connect to a friends server and he asks me for a PIN. How do I get a PIN in the app?

post-181211-0-13650400-1484730623_thumb.png

Hi, the samsung app for older models does not have this form of login. The Samsung app for newer models does have this. So I'm afraid you'll have to login the manual way. Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
sholcroft

I don't think it is possible on newer models either.  I am on a Samsung KS8000 and entering the pin does nothing.  I select emby connect on the tv, enter the pin and login info in the web page, and the tv just goes back to the" select server" screen again.  Endless loop.  What am I missing?

Good day,

Pin working here on my KU7000 4k 50" 2016 model (this as my main pc monitor), how you enter the pin at the login screen after you enter the user name?

My best

sholcroft

Not sure I understand the question, but I provide my username and password, as well as the pin, and I get the "pin approved" message.  Then the TV will go back to the server select screen again.

Good day,

I suggest you try to reset the password for that user at emby server and then create the password again with the pin.

Try that, as I again test it and all fine here.

My best

• Like 2

Not sure I understand the question, but I provide my username and password, as well as the pin, and I get the "pin approved" message.  Then the TV will go back to the server select screen again.

This is exactly what mine does.

It seems to work but achieves nothing.

• 4 years later...