nVidia Shield 2 DTS not working

mikeB2210

fuzzthekingoftrees

That is what Emby server think ;-)

you can see here that it is only one Audiotrack

attachicon.gifmkvInfo.JPG

This screenshot shows two DTS tracks. The first one is DTS-HD MA, the second is DTS probably a commentary track.

mikeB2210

This screenshot shows two DTS tracks. The first one is DTS-HD MA, the second is DTS probably a commentary track.

No - it's not a commantary track!

@@ebr

I signed in for tester this morning, but till this evening there is no udate available. Will try tomorrrow again.

I installed the app on my new shield yesterday and got the new version. Also had no trouble playing DTS.

• Like 1

Can you please provide more information?  What is "not working"?  What, exactly did you try and what happened?

mikeB2210

@@ebr

Sorry, I tried same movies (taken and taken 3 with DTS-HD, incuding lower DTS soundtrack) as above subscribed and my Av Receiver does not switch to DTS.

mikeB2210

my receiver does nothing, stay on Dolby Pro Logic.

In the nVidia Forum there are some discussions about the problem, maybe this helps to understand better what happend to me with the emby app and also with Amazon:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/989206/shield-tv/no-5-1-audio-from-2017-shield-help-appreciated-/

Edited by mikeB2210

my receiver does nothing, stay on Dolby Pro Logic.

Does nothing?  Meaning you don't even get sound?

If the problem is occurring outside of Emby as well, then I guess that tells us there is probably nothing we can do about it right now.  I think the issue may be related to the conversion from HDMI to optical you have as well.

mikeB2210

@@ebr

I get sound, but only in "normal Dolby", because your app send only the DTS-HD signal that my receiver can´t decode.

And it´s not a generaly problem. It´s only a problem when I´m using the Android TV Emby App and play HD Content.

I don´t know if you have read the link I made in my last reply, but the generally problem is for user who don´t own the last stand equipped receiver with DTS-HD etc.

In every DTS-HD soundtrack there is fallback DTS soundtrack and in Kodi it is possible to say play the DTS sountrack instead the HD Track. Maybe it´s also possible in your app.

Edited by mikeB2210