How to unlock the app

kbrutlag

kbrutlag

My parents (both over 70) recently added the app to their Fire TV stick, and the trial expired.  Problem is, they can't find anywhere to actually purchase the app.  I've tried helping them research, but they say there is no unlock or purchase icon.  Might be easier to help if I could see what they are looking at, but they are 350 miles away and their only internet access is cellular, so no chance of a video chat.

Thanks

RanmaCanada

If they give you their google/amazon account info, just sign in on your computer/android device, and purchase the app on your device with their credentials.  Problem solved?  The app should update automagically and you won't have anything to worry about.

kbrutlag

Thank you both.  I was able to finally get them through purchasing the app, however.... now I'm being told that nothing will play and no metadata (box shots, etc.) is showing up for new items added since the trial expired.  Is there something in Emby they need to do?

I've been an Emby premium user for years, so I don't remember ever going through these problems.  They are running Emby with no subscription's, etc.

Thanks again 

No there is nothing special to do.

It sounds like the items are not getting ingested by the server properly but we'd need specific details.

Tell them to try the web app and see what they see there.