Uni-directional time-shifting on XBox One

DiscoLives4ever

DiscoLives4ever

Just installed the XBox One app, and while I can pause and rewind live TV I cannot fast-forward. Additionally, I cannot see any active recordings (is that supposed to show up?)

Hi, the seek bar works fine but the other day I did resolve an issue related to the fast forward button. I will submit this to the store.

Active recordings will come in a future update.

Thanks !

• Like 2

DiscoLives4ever

So this seems to work great for transcoded content, stuff that direct streams doesn't seem to let you FF or RW. Either one just restarts the stream. Additionally, trying to change the stream rate doesn't have any effect.

However transcoded stuff is great!

I can't reproduce that but will keep an eye out for it. Changing the stream rate won't always have an effect if the new setting results in the same stream as the old setting.

DiscoLives4ever

It seems to be happening with h264 streams from Comcast. It doesn't matter how low I drop the rate though, it never starts transcoding.

It seems to be happening with h264 streams from Comcast. It doesn't matter how low I drop the rate though, it never starts transcoding.

Hi @@DiscoLives4ever, we're sorry to hear about your issue. in order for us to best help you, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !