New Version 4.4.201

jordy

Hi @@7illusions, Windows app store updated Ember yesterday. It says the latest version is 4.2.201, whereas your blog says 4.4.201  just fyi...

Regarding the Audio sync problem I reported recently, it's still there but not as bad. Video stutter with MKV's is better - at about 95% good now, just not quite there yet. Is there a log I can post? cheers.

OK, just looking for the log whilst playing a video and I have noticed that the stutter is not there when in windowed mode - it is perfect and the Audio sync is right on the money. However, when swapping back to Full screen mode, Video stutter and Audio sync issues are back instantly. Hope that helps.

arrbee99

Also wondering about version numbers. I have updated to version 4.2.201, but the music screen looks the same as it did before, album image in top middle etc.

FrostByte

The only screen I believe the album changed position is the Now Playing screen.  You have to click the song/artist in lower left corner first to bring up the new NPing screen.  Everything should shift left.

587d8e6f098d2_NP.jpg

arrbee99

Oh Yes. Thanks. Didn't know about that. Guess I should use Ember a bit more then. Maybe it'll spread through the other screens.......

arrbee99

Next dumb question - what the difference between the now playing screen and the one before it, which seems to do the same stuff while looking slightly different.

FrostByte

One thing I wish it would do is lock the album at the top of the screen and still scroll/jump to the next track on a long playlist below the album pic.  If you have a large playlist then the app jumps way down and you can no longer the album like in my pick above unless you scroll all the way back up. 

• Like 1

FrostByte

Next dumb question - what the difference between the now playing screen and the one before it, which seems to do the same stuff while looking slightly different.

The first list is just the songs from that playlist or album.  I think you can add songs to Now Playing from many sources (playlists, albums, etc).  NP is sort of a temp queue or playlist I guess that you can keep adding to and that disappears when you close the app.

arrbee99

Fair enough. Just swapping from one to the other as I was they were so similar I wondered if there's a need for both, but having different functions obviously makes both necessary. I seem to spend more time playing around with Emby and ET and Emby in Chrome to actually just use them so I don't know that much about what the various ones do.

BTW, in that Now Playing page if you click on an item to play, that item line turns blue. If you leave it to play it plays its way down the list but the blue bar stays on the original item selected - deliberate or bug....

FrostByte

I think I've seen that before, but for some reason I can't seem to duplicate it now so not really sure. 

FrostByte

Also, if you click multiple songs in a playlist or album then click the Now Playling button at the bottom only the songs you hightlighted in the previous screen will be in Now Playing

• Like 1

7illusions

Hi @@7illusions, Windows app store updated Ember yesterday. It says the latest version is 4.2.201, whereas your blog says 4.4.201  just fyi...

Thanks for reporting, sorted now.

OK, just looking for the log whilst playing a video and I have noticed that the stutter is not there when in windowed mode - it is perfect and the Audio sync is right on the money. However, when swapping back to Full screen mode, Video stutter and Audio sync issues are back instantly. Hope that helps.

Since I can't reproduce this on my machine, would you mind testing a thing for me. Start playback in windowed mode, then in bottom right corner of the OSD, there's a fullscreen button. Does the stuttering start when entering fullscreen mode this way? If not, exit fullscreen again and enter via the fullscreen button up in the chrome bar. Stuttering starts?

TIA 

7illusions

One thing I wish it would do ist lock the album at the top of he screen and still scroll/jump to the next track on a long playlist below the album pic.  If you have a large playlist then the app jumps way down and you can no longer the album like in my pick above unless you scroll all the way back up.

Added to backlog. :)

https://bitbucket.org/7illusions/emby-winrt/issues/187/

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting, sorted now.

Since I can't reproduce this on my machine, would you mind testing a thing for me. Start playback in windowed mode, then in bottom right corner of the OSD, there's a fullscreen button. Does the stuttering start when entering fullscreen mode this way? If not, exit fullscreen again and enter via the fullscreen button up in the chrome bar. Stuttering starts?

TIA 

OK. If I start Ember in windowed mode and then play a MKV video, everything is fine. If I then go to Full Screen either by the OSD button OR the Chrome button, Video is fine - no stutter, no matter how many times I go in and out of Full Screen, BUT Audio is always out of sync in full Screen.

However If I start Ember in Full Screen mode, Video stutters and Audio is out of sync - if I then switch to windowed mode Video no longer stutters but Audio is still out, switching back to Full Screen the first time Video stutters a little but not as bad, on subsequent switches to Full screen Video is stutter free but Audio is always out of sync. this is all on the same file - as per the media info provided in the earlier post.