An Annoyance

maegibbons

maegibbons

So...

I navigate to Recordings > Recorded TV and start skipping right along my recent recordings for something to watch....

A few seconds later the "Scheduled in Next 24 Hours" section appears above Recent recordings and takes the "cursor" focus to the 1st item in "Scheduled in Next 24 Hours".

ARRGGGH!

I then have to skip down and along again to get to where i was!!!

This is ANNOYING.

Please put "Scheduled in Next 24 Hours" below recent recordings but whereever you put it certainly do not change the focus when you display it!!!

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

I guess my question would be why is it taking so long to produce the scheduled recordings?  How long are we talking here?

maegibbons

Hi

From clicking recorded TV - 4.2 seconds.  This is repeatable every time you go in. So you can go in back out then in again always 4.2ish secs

You could say just wait 5 secs BUT that is not intuitive - if NOTHING was displayed it would be but the fact that you can scroll right - you do!

Krs

Mark

Spaceboy

I have asked ebr before why the scheduled recording row is even required in this view. There is already a sub menu for scheduled recordings and yes I see the same delays except it's longer

maegibbons

My biggest issue is the change in focus.  I have usually scrolled right quite a bit then BAM i am on the first tile of Scheduled Recordings which is no use at all because I am never going to play something that happens in the future!!!

But i agree... not really required and just an option to get rid of it would be good!!

Krs

Mark

Spaceboy

The delay I see is more like 8-10s so I am usually quicker than that in selecting the program! This is with an external tv service, mediaportal

maegibbons

So @@ebr what can you do to change this behaviour? 

Option to NOT show the "Scheduled" line or something else?

Krs

Mark

Spaceboy

Please test this with the beta 1.3.18.

thats perfect. it has made recorded tv much more usable! i much prefer the layout too

maegibbons

Absolutely beautiful!!

So much easier to use. It is just so right!!!

Krs

Mark