playlist - adding several songs "one-shot", not one-by-one

m.br1975

m.br1975

Good morning,

I am trying to figure out how to add multiple selection of songs into a playlist "one-shot". The only thing I can do is clicking song by song and "add to playlist". Can I make it faster?

Thanks for your effort

• Like 1

m.br1975

For example, I feel myself comfortable by using the "hold left mouse button" feature in movies list in order to perform i.e. a multiple selection, maybe there could be the possibility to add this behavior for album tracks? I was thinking something like this: "I can keep pressed left button on first track, then check the boxes beside the track titles. When finished I can press the "triple dot icon" and I could find a "add to playlist" entry.

But it is only an idea. "+" buttons sound good as a solution.

Edited by m.br1975

Koleckai Silvestri

The easiest way to add multiple items to something is to allow multiple selection of the items. Computers have been doing this for decades with the shift and ctrl modifier of click on items with a mouse. Then you drag those items to the container you want them to be in. In Windows 10, if you're using Touch mode, when you select an item in File Explorer a series of checkboxes appears to allow you to multiple select items and then drag them to the location.

You have the multi-select option for movies to add them to a collection. It isn't as elegant as drag and drop but I guess it can be used with a remote. To use this with music, we would need an alphabetic list of all songs. That is necessary to anyone that has more than a dozen albums, though. I am not even a serious music collector and have close to 1,000 albums collected over the last 35 years. 14,000 songs and I can't easily find them.

yea i think a button to active the multi-select checkboxes could work. in addition to drag and drop.

• 3 weeks later...
Tremas

+1 for activating mutli-select checkboxes.

Not being able to select multiple items in a list view is really frustrating, especially for the screens where you cannot switch to poster view (album screen, songs screen, playlist screen, etc). Having a button to activate the mutli-select checkboxes for these screens would be fantastic. Being able to set some filters on the song screen and then multi-select among the results to create a playlist would make the music experience exponentially better.

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why multi-select checkboxes are only available in poster view?

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why multi-select checkboxes are only available in poster view?

That is the only place it has been added as of yet.

Tremas

Thanks. Gald it's not something too complicated. The pace of music improvements has been great and I'm really looking forward to something along these lines.