Play content to a Session

jvandy7

Is there a way through the API to start content on a specific client? I have a media server I want to be able to control content on through web service requests. I think right now I can only query what each client is doing but not set it.

Thanks!

I think it is: PlayRequest

But I can't remember the namespace. It is under Sessions... Maybe.

There are parameters to send the request to a certain session.

Edited by chef

Thanks!

I've been trying to test those from a command line and the swagger ui. They both return an error with appVersion, which I don't see anywhere. Most of those methods don't make sense as POST as it just posts redundant data.

{ "ResponseStatus": { "ErrorCode": "ArgumentNullException", "Message": "Value cannot be null.\nParameter name: appVersion", "Errors": [ { "ErrorCode": "ArgumentNullException", "FieldName": "appVersion", "Message": "Value cannot be null.\n" } ] } }

There are headers you have to supply on every request. unfortunately github seems to be down right now but it is documented in the developer wiki.

Thanks, I was able to trace the calls and found the header for x-emby-authorization that needs to be included. So far I'm able to get it to Pause, but not Unpause.