I created 1 Collection so how did "Movies by Genre" get created? How to change its image?

darbid
Go to solution Solved by Yogi,

I am new to 3.  I created one collection called "Movies" and pointed it to a set of movies.  I have changed the image for Movies by uploading it as a primary image.  I see this as folder.jpg in ..root/default/movies.

But when I start Media Browser Classic (Chocolate Theme) I see a Movie choice and "Movies by Genre" choice - How did this second choice get there?  How can I add others and most importantly how can I change its Image?

Just in case there is any confusion I am not talking about all the images for each Genre, I am talking about the main image on the home screen.

Thank you guys?

Edited by darbid

The Movies by Genre is a configurable option in MBC.Click on the gear icon which will take you to the configuration screen,from there you can either tick it or untick it to show as a menu item in Mediabrowser Classic.

For an image for the Movies by Genre

In the images by name folder create a general folder and in this folder also create a Movies by Genre folder and place the image here,it will then show up in MBC.

For more on the IBN folder see this post below

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/695-imagesbyname-folder/

• Like 1

Thanks mate for the quick answer.

I read the information and have made a folder exactly like this (capitals/spaces)

MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\General\Movies by Genre

I have one file in this folder named poster.png

The server has restarted many times.  But I am not having any luck.  Is there something else I can check to see what i am doing wrong?

• Solution

I don't think it makes any difference but try renaming the image file to folder.png and see if that makes a difference.

Also in MBC press CTRL-R on the keyboard or the record button on your remote when you have the Movies by Genre selected.This will do a refresh of that category.

• Like 1

It has to be called folder.png.  It appears right away without a refresh or server restart.

Thank you again for answering immediately.

I've been using MB2 for a while now and just switched to MB3. When I did so, my IBN images all got deleted and I'm trying to get them back. I followed this thread and it's not working for me. I want to have images for my Movies and TV Shows folders that appear as a backdrop on the root menu screen when MBC first starts up. So this is what I did:

C:\Users\*********\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\General\Movies\folder.jpg

I would do the same for TV Shows, but it's not working for movies. What am I doing wrong?

If you want a backdrop you are going to need a Backdrop.jpg.

Also, whether or not these show on an initial screen will be dependent on the theme in use.

That did the trick, thank you. Also I had to put it in

C:\Users\**********\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\root\default\Movies\backdrop.jpg