Theater desktop won't play

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

For whatever reason, ET desktop will not play anything at all. I get eternal spinning circle. They play in all other platforms. 

Guest asrequested

I uninstalled, reinstalled....no change. I completely uninstalled and ran a clean install...problem fixed. Something must have tweaked in that last update.

you still have madvr and wasapi enabled, that's not default setting. most likely some codec pack you may have installed has tampered with directshow components.

We've also seen playback failures in the past caused by windows fast ring updates, so if you're not running windows 10 stable edition, consider switching to that to maximize stability.

Guest asrequested

you still have madvr and wasapi enabled, that's not default setting. most likely some codec pack you may have installed has tampered with directshow components.

I hadn't changed anything, I'm not sure how that would have happened. As for not using default, well no, it isn't. I do customize the directshowplayer.xml a little bit. But that was done a while ago. I'll pay more attention to that if it happens again.