Multi Language options

awilisch

awilisch

I'm relatively new to Emby although I've followed it for the last year. 

In Plex I have a couple shows where there are dual languages downloaded, and I can use a drop down box to select the other languages. So far I haven't found an option to select multiple languages. 

• Like 2

Hi @@awilisch, we do not currently have multiple language metadata support. You can customize the language per folder or per series, but at this time you can only choose one language. If enough people want this then it is a possibility for the future. thanks !

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

You can customize the language per folder or per series

How or where can I customize language per folder or series? I did find the option to customize per library, or to set preferred language by customizing for media type, but by folder / series would be awesome.

How or where can I customize language per folder or series? I did find the option to customize per library, or to set preferred language by customizing for media type, but by folder / series would be awesome.

You would have to edit the metadata for an individual title by clicking Edit Info -> then scroll down to language preferences.

• 2 weeks later...

folders too.

Oh? I've never managed to find that elusive setting.

So I could have my «movies» library using a folder movies-en, another folder films-fr and one filme-de, with default meta language set to english, french and german, respectively?

Where's this gem hidden away, then?

• 4 months later...
cdboesch

I've movies and tv-shows with german and english in the files. On my mac, I can not change to to german and on my iPad i can not change to english. Both languages are displayed, but no change is made when I select the other Language

post-326063-0-75614700-1529929278_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Yes you can just right click edit a folder. The language field is at the bottom.

Back to trying Emby… added an english movie folder to a library:

/Movies/A

Added a french movie folder to the same library

/Films/A

5ba760c155e5d_library.png

Now I'm searching everywhere for how to set a folder within a library to a specific language (in my case: library = english, but every movie in a subfolder of /Films in french.

I'm afraid I can't find this, anywhere.

If I go into Metadata editor, it only shows me the movies themselves, no folder visible anywhere.

5ba760eaef2ac_metadatamanager.png

I'm probably thick, but where in Emby's interface would I find a folder to right-click and select a different metadata language for?

Happy2Play

Back to trying Emby… added an english movie folder to a library:

/Movies/A

Added a french movie folder to the same library

/Films/A

5ba760c155e5d_library.png

Now I'm searching everywhere for how to set a folder within a library to a specific language (in my case: library = english, but every movie in a subfolder of /Films in french.

I'm afraid I can't find this, anywhere.

If I go into Metadata editor, it only shows me the movies themselves, no folder visible anywhere.

5ba760eaef2ac_metadatamanager.png

I'm probably thick, but where in Emby's interface would I find a folder to right-click and select a different metadata language for?

You need to create a Library for each folder (English library with folder Movies/A, French Library with folder Filmes/A).  Set language per library during library setup.

• Like 1

I probably misunderstood the «right-click folder to set language» bit.

But now I think I've found than Emby can display all movie libraries as one, so it looks like it works the way I want it to (display all my movies in one listing, but with titles and metadata per movie original language).

Thanks!

• Like 1