3 vital features/bug missing/present

ulysse31

ulysse31

Hello,

I want first to thanks all the Dev Team of Emby for their great work, and I want also to apologies if i'm not in the good section (features request?) but it seems that one of the feature "may" be a bug ...

I want to create limited accounts, by limited I mean "not administrator/not allowed to modify things".

And after doing some testing here is what i found :

- it is impossible to force a account to always have a password (I mean : if he changes it, no prob, but deleting it ... NO)

- would also be great to have "password policy" (setting "1234", "abc" or even "1" is clearly not a good idea ...)

- If I limit the access of an account (acces to some libraries, not all, no admin rights, etc ...) : the account still be able to "add to collection" an item, which gives him also access to create collections ... which is not a good thing.

Please tell me if I'm wrong on some point, I'll sincerely would be happy to be wrong ^^' also tell me if those features/bugs are being worked 

Cheers All,

--

Ulysse31

• Like 1

Hi, welcome! Having settings for these kinds of things is definitely a possibility for the future.

• Like 1

ulysse31

Hello Luke,

Thanks for the quick answer ^^

And for the users allowed to modify/add collections, is it a bug or a feature ? ^^'

Thanks again,

--

Ulysse31

ulysse31

To be honest, this last point is the most "annoying" for me.

I've setup an apache reverse proxy that delivers access to emby service from the internet (ssl externally, http internally), in addiction I added to the virtual host an additional authentication using mod_auth_external from apache.

So apache calls a perl script that loads users.db sqlite file from emby directory (in readonly of course), and checks the authentication before the user even access to emby.

Using an additional auth in apache allows to protect more easily emby by activating a fail2ban on apache logs, and now, to "patch" temporarily the first two points, I added to the script a "password policy check" function that simply denies access to the user if he changes his/her password to something not accepted, I just need to warn them now ^^'

So quite happy afterall, and I'll wait patiently that you add the possibility to disable a user to modify collections.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Cheers all,

--

Ulysse31

pir8radio

I second the collections thing..  I'm not going as crazy as @@ulysse31 lol, but in my nginx reverse proxy i am rewriting the html in real time (sub_filter) to remove the options from the emby menus, if i need to change collections i would be doing it from a local connection, where the delete, add and what not are not stripped from the code.  Native options will be great.  Password policy also a plus.

Edited by pir8radio