Can I Load Images & Covers In Background?

mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie

I have not been using Emby for a long time due to lifes circumstances. ANyway i have started to get some new movies and intend to start using it again. Its very annoying when you go to view your movies or music and i have to wait ages on all the images loading. There is now a trailer folder called 'movie trailer archive' and it has 1744 trailers. Can i load all these covers without having to wait and scroll until all the images load? 

Can the view of each folder be changed like the old Emby, my family guy folder has very big cover images and they dont all fit on the screen, i have to scroll horizontally, i dont have this problem with other tv series with many seasons.

hello @@mystic.bertie, welcome ! Images are downloaded once by Emby Theater from your Emby Server and then saved locally for re-use. It should be much faster after the first time.

Does this answer your question? thanks !

mystic.bertie

hello @@mystic.bertie, welcome ! Images are downloaded once by Emby Theater from your Emby Server and then saved locally for re-use. It should be much faster after the first time.

Does this answer your question? thanks !

Thanks for the reply Luke.

I have about 450 albums, i let all the images load yesterday, today they still took a bit of time to load, not as bad as yesterday, but they were still loading as i scroll through my music collection. Yesterday i left the 'movie trailer archive' open for a few hours, it still had not loaded all the images, it makes using this folder a  bit of a waste of time if i have to wait on images loading every time.

These folder are not displaying properly. The family guy folder has large cover images and i need to scroll horizontally to see the seasons 4 and 5. I dont get this problem in other folders, any suggestions?

tv1_Custom.jpgupload a picture

tv2_Custom.jpgfree upload image

I have a 'music video' folder. One of my collections for Alice In Chains just displays as a vertical row of crammed thumbnails, how can i fix this? As you can see the other Placebo folder is fine.

a_(Custom).jpgtemp image upload

c_(Custom).jpgtemp image upload

b_Custom.jpgimage upload free

mystic.bertie

hi @@mystic.bertie, thanks for the report. i see the issue. we will get a fix out. thanks !

Just to updated this. I deleted all the old metadata and let Emby update the above folders. Now everything displays just fine, the Family Guy folder and the Alice In Chains folder.

Can you tell me if the following is normal behaviour. When collecting metadata most folders receive images and nfo files just fine. Sometimes some Tv Series folders dont download the images right away, Its only when i actually open Emby Theatre and browse to the folder that the images are stored into the relevant media folder.

Does Emby hide some image files? I have some TV Series folders with no actual image files inside but in Emby Theatre the images display just fine, after viewing them in Emby Theatre the image files are still nowhere to be seen in the media folders. I have windows explorer set to view hidden files.

That is correct. In server setup there is a per library setting about when you want images to be downloaded.

• Like 1

mystic.bertie

That is correct. In server setup there is a per library setting about when you want images to be downloaded.

Thanks for the info Luke ;)

Jack Burton

Regarding you issue with Family Guy, look at the actors area and find the ones that do multiple voices. Edit that metadata down to one character (it needs to be short enough to avoid getting a ...). I had a few shows that wouldn't display properly and that fixed it. Orphan Black was another, since the lead actress plays multiple roles.

• Like 1

mystic.bertie

Regarding you issue with Family Guy, look at the actors area and find the ones that do multiple voices. Edit that metadata down to one character (it needs to be short enough to avoid getting a ...). I had a few shows that wouldn't display properly and that fixed it. Orphan Black was another, since the lead actress plays multiple roles.

Hi Jack. Thanks for your reply. I already posted that this display issue was sorted by deleting the old metadata and then downloading the new metadata. It worked on the 2 problem folders.