Barring a change in the original folder names.

evaxp

Need a separate option on the prohibition of changing the original names of the folders in the library. Meta data from the Internet are not always correct, and if you have thousands of these folders ... Your library turns a bunch of stuff, where nothing can be found.
It helps only the removal of the base and re-add the modified section with a complete ban on all changes.

thatoneguy99

I will have to assume that english is not your first language. If it is please explain a little bit better what you're trying to do.

If not please try again as your post is very confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to assume that english is not your first language. If it is please explain a little bit better what you're trying to do.

If not please try again as your post is very confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thumb.png

Changing the original folder names in the library. How do I disable it?

thatoneguy99

I have never had a problem and have never had to worry about that. Are you having a problem downloading metadata from the internet or are you saying that you want to use your own personal metadata?

Update:

Looking at my own setup, The files that my metadata manager point to, only have links to my original folders. I believe these to just be links to the actual folders.

Edited by thatoneguy99

I have never had a problem and have never had to worry about that. Are you having a problem downloading metadata from the internet or are you saying that you want to use your own personal metadata?

If you go into the section of the folder on the emby server, you should see your folder. This makes sense .....

But you see that all your original folder names changed. And that's bad.

Edited by evaxp

Update:

Looking at my own setup, The files that my metadata manager point to, only have links to my original folders. I believe these to just be links to the actual folders.

It is clear that this is a link, it is clear that the changes only in the server library. It is not clear why, and who change the original title, and how to disable it. And it is not clear why then the folder section:

thumb.png

Since any mentally normal person clicking on a folder, expects to see the folder. Although there maybe someone expects to see Pamela Anderson, I do not know ... :)

Edited by evaxp

thatoneguy99

I am sorry I am not sure what you are trying to do and cant see the problem with the folder changing. I understand it can be frustrating because there is really no reason why it does this, that I can understand anyways.

I hope you can get an answer to your question.

Hi @@evaxp, Emby never renames your folders. Have you checked the tags embedded into your music files?

thumb.png

Compare with the rights that the addition of the server, to the left is that the disk.

Wash the difference is obvious.

Not rename any folders to the server library, just some, but a lot of them and rule manually is not realistic.

Edited by evaxp

What are those, music albums?

This is the folder with the music, many of them have sub-folders.

thumb.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS I solved the problem. Just when you add folders:

thumb.png

I put a complete ban on all editing:

thumb.png    thumb.png   thumb.png

Radical solution to the problem. But on the other I did not succeed.
Running is not much, Projects subsoniс die soon, Plex has the same sorts of problems, plus the app on Android is constantly falling...  :)

Thanks for the feedback. Please make sure to leave feedback about your android issue. thanks !

Please make sure to leave feedback about your android issue. thanks !

Problems with the android was with Plex. I switched to Emby server, I hope there problems are solved quickly.

Thank you!