Queue?

tp546
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hey ebr,

I remember asking about this a while back when MB3 first came out - has this functionality been added yet? If not, is there an ETA? I have a terrible memory and rely on this to know what I want to watch when I have free time. Thanks!

No, sorry. And that's not to indicate anything. We're all contributing on our own time. There are never eta's.

What, exactly, are you trying to queue?  You can queue up music now in MBC and you can play multiple items together by playing at the folder level.

I'm trying to create a queue of movies/tv shows/etc that I want to watch when I have free time so that I don't open MBC and say to myself "hmmm, what did I want to watch?".

the music piece sounds interesting though - is there more info on that somewhere you can point me to?

Not much more info but if you bring up the context menu on any music item one of the options is to add it to the queue.

You could mark the things you are interested in as favorites and then play the entire favorites folder.

okay cool, i'll check it out.

i feel like we have had this discussion a few times before - i already use my favorites for favorites. if a queue feature wasn't going to be added, then i might use that as a workaround and mix them together, but i'd rather not so i can wait :)

• 2 years later...
bluelab1

Hi, I've setup a home media server with a couple of chromecast with Emby casting on them. It works quite well and I'm really thankful for the nice work Emby guys are doing. You are great !!!! 

I was scanning the forum to understand if there was a queue feature (when I play music and add to queue I don't find a way to check and in case correct the queue) and I found this post of a few years ago. I wonder if there is any news about that.

thanks alex 

Hi, I've setup a home media server with a couple of chromecast with Emby casting on them. It works quite well and I'm really thankful for the nice work Emby guys are doing. You are great !!!! 

I was scanning the forum to understand if there was a queue feature (when I play music and add to queue I don't find a way to check and in case correct the queue) and I found this post of a few years ago. I wonder if there is any news about that.

thanks alex 

Hi and welcome.  This thread was specific to our Emby for WMC app.  If you are casting from the web app or one of our mobile apps, then I'm sure there is a way to queue up music.  Explore any three-dot or press and hold menus you can discover.