Does Media Browser have plug-ins?

theITman_816

theITman_816

I'm building my first PVR machine for me and my girlfriend, and I'm trying to decide what front-end to go with.  I'm in between XBMC and MB3...I really like the add-on features for XBMC as far as streaming content, but MB3's gui is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  I wanted to know if add-ons or plug-ins are featured in MB3 for streaming content i.e. Free Cable for XBMC?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

There are some...

MBT has plugins for Netflix, Kylo, Steam, TVCatchup, WMC Integration and a Program Launcher to launch any program on your machine.

MBC has a number of styles, video backdrops, game integration.

Server has game integration, book integration, trailers, cinema intros and more. 

Nothing like Freecable though. Not yet at least.

Edited by Wayne Luke

We have a nice library of plugins that add features. We are a little weak in terms of content plugins that incorporate internet media. Or 'area of opportunity' might be a better term.

Cheesegeezer

I'm building my first PVR machine for me and my girlfriend, and I'm trying to decide what front-end to go with.  I'm in between XBMC and MB3...I really like the add-on features for XBMC as far as streaming content, but MB3's gui is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  I wanted to know if add-ons or plug-ins are featured in MB3 for streaming content i.e. Free Cable for XBMC?  Thanks.

Firstly welcome!!

As Wayne and Luke have states we do have a good array of plugins and themes. If you navigate to the plugins section in this forum it should enlighten you a little more as to whats on offer.

In terms of setup, if this is your first HTPC build MB3 is a very simple setup compared with XBMC. However if you prefer XBMC you can still use MBserver as your backend for your collections.

More food for thought :)

theITman_816

Thank you all for the warm welcome and replies.  I think I'm going to try MB3 first, and see how I like it.  The girlfriend likes the look of it as well.  Looks very simple and easy to navigate.  I have one more question though.  If I were to go with the XBMC and MB3S as the backend for my collection, would I need to install the same set up (XBMC+MB3S) on the clients that will connect to the server to access the collection?  Or would I just need to install the front end only on the clients and configure it to connect to the server?  Thank you all for the help.

Koleckai Silvestri

You would install the server on one machine. The client machines only need a client whether it is a MB3 client or XBMC with the Media Browser Plugin.

trusselo

if you like simple setups... you will like MediaBrowser.

if you like helpful support... you will like MediaBrowser.

all im going to say...