Emby Theatre stretching video image on 2.5.34

Ray

Before I go looking for the logs, is there a setting I'm missing in the upgrade?  Since I only have a Harmony remote normally connected to the TV I'm hoping it's user error with a quick-fix rather than needing to gather a lot of detail.

All of my 1:1.85 and 1:2.39 movies are stretched vertically, and all of my old 4:3 TV shows are stretched horizontally.  Everything is forced to fill the screen at 16:9.

Three days ago everything played well.  Either yesterday or they day before, something changed.  The TV wasn't used much before today, so I can't narrow down the time window any more accurately than that.  It is just the Emby Theatre though.  Playing in the web browser still plays normally.  Playing on the iOS app also keeps proper aspect ratio still.

If I could get VLC to work with the time tracking for Resume, I'd just switch.  With a toddler in the house, resume on any device is the best feature in Emby for me.

Windows 10 Pro x64

Emby Theatre 2.5.34

The TV has an Intel NUC 5i5RYK on the back for Emby.  So it should be the Intel HD 6000.  I'm installing Emby Theatre on my laptop as well (Dell with AMD HD 8790M) to see if it is the specific hardware/software in the NUC, or if it could be something from the server, even though it's only showing up in Theatre in my home.

So the same version of Emby Theatre plays fine on the laptop.  It's only on the Nuc that the image is stretched.  If Windows 10 is doing updates and breaking things when I have everything I can set to not auto-update, then I think this may be cause to roll back to Windows 7.  Or hold on just a little while with the Windows 7 version since I see there is an Alpha Linux theatre version now!

The only thing I changed is Hardware Acceleration from Intel Quick Sync (which was where it was and working fine for months) to None and Auto to see if it fixed it.

Video Renderer has always been on Auto.

Output Range is set as PC (0-255)

Change monitor refresh rate to match video is set to No

Filter set is Stable.

Otherwise the Theatre app is pretty much just set using the defaults for all settings.

Guest asrequested

It's EVR+

I was just testing this. On auto, it's stretched. On EVR, it's fine. On EVR+, it's streatched.

5871d5dbdcb0a_Snapshot_425.jpg

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

Ok, thanks. The scaling fix that was made should only be applied to Evr and not Evr+. We'll get an update out to resolve that. Thanks.

• Like 1

mentasm

I think I was seeing the same thing.  I switched from Auto to MadVR and the problem went away

I changed from Auto to MadVR and the video problem is gone.

Thank you for the help on that.  I was hoping for a quick fix so I didn't have to go buy batteries to be able to connect the keyboard again.

• 3 months later...