Question about tv plugins

all4dom

all4dom

All the plug ins available for emby that provide tv are for just ota channels available. Am wondering if there is any ay to try and get some type of tv trough the emby server. I have directv now and I can say that so far there are issues with it. I am going to put an ota antenna on my house in the summer because from what i read it is nearly impossible to get all the channels because of the distance from where i live and the city. If I wasis there a way to get it on my pc without wmc.

Thanks

The answer to that will vary for each of them. You'll need to check out the documentation for each of their accompanying software. For example, ServerWMC is the most popular of the plugins, so you'll need to check out what is supported by the ServerWMC app.

all4dom

Thanks luke. I was just reading about the hd homerun but i see they also charge a subscription fee for dvr/guide. I'm trying to gear all tv through emby. IS not going to be easy.

all4dom

Thats good to here. I'm going to try an antenna from amazon but I have a funny feeling I'm going to need something big because of my distance fro the city. Thank u liuke.

lifespeed

Thats good to here. I'm going to try an antenna from amazon but I have a funny feeling I'm going to need something big because of my distance fro the city. Thank u liuke.

Go to TVFool to check on your nearby transmitter locations, signal strength and directions to inform your choice of antenna and see if a pre-amp and/or rotor are required.