Emby for Kodi Buffering Problems-Please Help

4ahobbs

4ahobbs

Hi All,

Since 2010, I had WMC running on Windows 7 PC and old MediaSmart x280n extenders.  I have switched over to Emby backend and  Kodi Jarvis 16.1 frontend and am currently an Emby Premier subscriber.  I have a Beelink GT1 DDR3 2G Android Box connected to my network by Ethernet, the Emby backend is running on Windows 7 PC.  Initially, I downloaded the Emby app from Google Play and ran that as a front end.  It streamed the live TV and PVR recordings perfectly—no buffering at all.

I then installed the Kodi add-on as per instructions in the kodi.wiki Add-on: Emby.  I installed the Stable Version.  The Emby Kodi add-on then suffered severe (constant) buffering (but no stuttering) while watching live TV.  The Live TV PVR recordings, however, streamed perfectly. 

I then created and edited the advancedsettings.xml file and added the following settings:

curllowspeedtime: 300

cachemembuffersize: 262144000

buffermode (1)

realbufferfactor (80)

minvideocachelevel (60)

Nothing changed, the Kodi add-on for Emby still constantly buffered.

I also downloaded and installed the Emby-Kodi add-on (beta) and there was no change, the live TV streams constantly buffered.

Can you please help me troubleshoot this?  I have exhausted all that I know to do. 

Thanks!