Is it possible to change Live TV view to group by series in Emby Theater for Windows Desktop?

jspenc3

jspenc3

In the WMC Recorded TV area you can change the view to "By Series", but in Emby Theater for Windows I can't find that view and it always breaks out every recording which can fill up the top Live TV (Latest Recordings) area quickly if I have several new shows.  Some shows I don't watch right away, so I end up with a bunch of say "Family Guy" thumbnails causing me to go hunting if some other show I want to watch has already been "pushed from the screen".  If it were possible to collapse those shows into one "Family Guy" series entry, which when clicked lists all recently recorded / unwatched Family Guy episodes in a sub-menu, it would leave enough room to fit more of the recently recorded shows on the top Live TV area screen at a time.

Did I overlook the needed setting to enable this (I went through all the settings menus I could find), or is it just not possible?

This is not only an issue on the Live TV area, but it's even worse in the sub-menu Recordings area.  I have 332 shows recorded, but only about a dozen actual series, so not having a By Series view that groups them greatly slows down the loading of that area, and also slows my ability to find the show I want, particularly the right episode because all I see on the way it currently works is a thumbnail and a series name.  Currently to find the episode I want I have to click on every episode (there are over 50 for Family Guy for example) to get the details to find the right one.

Going further, I rarely use any other view than Latest Recordings, so if not already possible I'd love to see an option added to set Latest Recordings as the only thing shown on the top Live TV area.  I'd rather the Now Playing, Upcoming Programs, etc. be moved to icons below Guide and Recordings (or similar).  This should improve the loading speed of the top Live TV area quite a bit as a bonus...

EDIT: I just realized that Emby Theatre for HTML5 works much more like what I'm looking for, but not exactly, as it doesn't work near a nicely with the remote at 10 ft as a replacement for WMC (with the Emby plug-in).  It also doesn't (unless they recently added it) do surround sound (and video) passthrough without encoding (I generally only watch from my media center PC with optical audio to a receiver, not from small screen devices, so I need my system to play the content exactly as recorded).

Edited by jspenc3

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet, I look forward to the changes as at this point that's about all that's keeping me using WMC and I'd love to get rid of it.  Not that I want to jump ship (I'm a Premium supporter), but I hear the latest MediaPortal 2 is catching up in this regard (with a WMC skin).  I haven't tried it yet but perhaps WMC is finally getting a more similar replacement, don't wait too long to match their features or you'll fall behind :-)  (Though I know MP2's  been in beta for forever LOL).

If I was more up to date on my programming (and had free time) I'd offer to jump in and help, but at this point all I can really offer are suggestions and my supporter fee...

Edited by jspenc3